Update issues (details included)

Kurt Weber
Kurt Weber Member Posts: 2 Member

Greetings,

Issue: Native Access cannot locate specific files in order to perform current updates.

Error messages: "Update failed: Could not uninstall previous version." This message is consistent for Komplete Kontrol, Massive, Massive X and 6 Kontakt instrument upgrades.

NA also cannot reinstall, since it requires uninstallation and cannot perform this action. 

Also, I've "lost" the correct preference settings so that Native Access can't locate Kontakt! When I try to update/reinstall Kontakt instruments, NA displays "Requires Kontakt" error message--I own Kontakt 6 full version and it operates correctly as both standalone and in host. Additionally, the instruments which need upgrades also function correctly.

Presumed problem(s): I must have accidentally deleted certain files/folders which NA requires to upgrade OR I changed the Preferences to an incorrect path and NA cannot locate the correct folders. My Kontakt content is stored on an internal G: drive but all other content is on my C: drive as far as I know.

Native Access Preferences: 

Download Location is C:\Users\Public\Downloads

Application Location is C:\Users\Public\Documents

Content Location is C:\Program Files\Native Instruments

VST 32 and 64 are C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\VSTPlugins 32 or 64 bit, respectively

Attempted fixes: Manual uninstall/reinstall via Windows 10 and NIuninstall tool, various preference paths in Native Access, searching internet and NI Support. I have old backup files which indicate different content in my old folders, but I don't have tech knowledge to determine appropriate files to restore. 

The good news is that all of my products are still fully functional! 

Best Answer

• Ryan_NI
    Ryan_NI Customer Care Posts: 191 mod
    Answer ✓

hey @Kurt Weber

I've submitted a support request for you. You should be hearing back from one of our agents sometime soon. Thanks for your patience.

Answers

• Ryan_NI
    Ryan_NI Customer Care Posts: 191 mod
    Answer ✓

hey @Kurt Weber

I've submitted a support request for you. You should be hearing back from one of our agents sometime soon. Thanks for your patience.

• DJ5D
    DJ5D Member Posts: 9 Member

i have the same problem as well