• Smooshieface
    Smooshieface Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Thanks @Ciutdlla, this info is very helpful

• Jiglo
    Jiglo Member Posts: 154 Advisor
    edited January 4
    Options

I can highly recommend this set up for people needing more freedom from a mains socket. Well, for UK residents at least.

Omnicharge Omni 20+

15v 5a USB-C 3.1 PD TO 5.5mm 1.2m barrel jack cable from PiHut

If you want more freedom from the battery pack

USB-C 5A 3m Extension cable, again from PiHut

(Sorry, i'm blocked from posting links, but pics to show them working.) I've been using this set up for months

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,356 Expert
    Options

@Jiglo proposed:

Omnicharge Omni 20+

Yep. That’s the sh!t! Expensive but one of the most flexible and powerful power banks you can get. Love mine.

• Heinz
    Heinz Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hi, Thank you all for Your posts. It was very helpful for me.

I bought the Baseus Power Bank, 65W 20000 mAh:

And the DSD Tech MagicConn SH-CP15A:

It works very well and I am happy with it

Thanks

Heinz

• Jojok777
    Jojok777 Member Posts: 6 Helper
    Options

Why don’t you just plug the Maschine plus into the AC outlet? I’m looking into this bank as well!

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,356 Expert
    edited January 16
    Options

Although that works (I started using the Omni 20+ that way):

• you have to carry around your AC adapter which is another bulky heavy piece to keep in your backpack
    • you can not keep the adapter installed in your studio hidden under the desk
    • you can not order replacement adapters for the M+ from NI, so it’s going to be a tedious process if the original is lost or broken

USB-C PD 15V adapter cable is the best way. Love mine.

• Jiglo
    Options

I do, mostly, plug the Maschine into a power socket with the 4.2m of cable I have. I use this plug which is PD 3.0 so I don't risk the Maschine https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sumvision-Compact-Delivery-Compatible-Nintendo-Black/dp/B09D88PVL8

There are still times I use the battery though. I don't have power in the garden, or if i'm charging a phone and laptop near my favourite perch, then I can switch to the battery, but it's about having flexibility and options.

• Neo+
    Neo+ Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
    Options

Happy Holidays everyone,

For any Anker fans, I can confirm Anker 737 Power Bank (PowerCore 24K) works like a charm so far, can't post the link since I haven't been here long enough LOL

I'm also using the PD USB-C @D-One recommended in the original post:

Thanks for the continued support here everyone and I'm looking forward to the new year with NI💪

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    Options

Ooohh it's expensive but that oled screen is sweet. Can you share a picture of the screen while it's powering the M+, I'm curious about the wattage it will show. thanks.

• GoKeez
    GoKeez Member Posts: 79 Advisor
    edited January 4
    Options

*…found answer elsewhere

• Neo+
    Neo+ Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
    edited January 5
    Options

Both connected to the main in/out port:

When a project I made is playing (nothing extravagant) it was at around 7W,

With no project playing, floats around 6W. Hope this helps!

• D-One
    edited January 5
    Options
  • Jiglo
    Options

Wow, just over half an amp drawn.

I have to turn my display brightness down to 1 to get mine down to around 7.5w which is still clear and easy to read, but at 100 brightness it draws about 8.2 watts with nothing running. A project hitting 74-79% spikes at about 12.2w on mine.

Plenty of headroom anyway in the supplied psu. Can probably power 3x M+ running 3 fairly heavy projects from it if it's 2.5amp (if memory serves me well)

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,375 Expert
    Options

Bought a USB-C to 15v power cable on some random china webshop and tested it with my Traktor s4 mk3. Works.

Sadly I had hoped that USB C from laptops also have the higher voltage output like a powerbank. But that seems to not be the case :/

• D-One
    edited January 5
    Options

@lord-carlos

Sadly I had hoped that USB C from laptops also have the higher voltage output like a powerbank. But that seems to not be the case :/

Yeah, but USB-C is just a connection port, it doesn't say anything about the USB generation or power delivery specs. The KKS MK3 for example has USB-C port but is just in fact a USB2 connection.

A modern MacBook USB-C for example is Thunderbolt 4 (USB4) but it does not have PD so it's limited to 15W, and 7.5W depending on the port according to my research.

Maybe there's a good reason for this, like it would drain the battery too fast or wouldn't be able to both charge the battery and deliver the power required for something like an M+. Heat in a slim chassis might also be a factor. Laptop manufacturers never list the power output capabilities of their thunderbolt ports, unfortunately.