Kontakt 7, after VST3 updates, stops making sounds after switching patches, latency, etc
Im using Kontakt 7, and have just upgraded everything during a K14 update. My whole environment is up to date as of 11/6.
Ive just noticed(inside cubase 12 with K7 as a plugin):
- suddenly Kontakt instruments no longer produce sound after switching patches. When I first load the instrument, it produces sound on the first patch. Switching to any other patch leads to no sound. The sound comes back when I delete and re-create the instrument. When keys are pressed, I can see CPU usage but I hear no sound. MIDI and audio routing is all tested good. Cubase 12 config is verified.
- There is suddenly 100+ms of delay on every key press on these Kontakt instruments, as if my buffer was up at 512 or more. This delay is not present in any other instrument, plugin, or synth that I use - its only K7. When I reduce my system buffer to 128 from 256, or increase from 256 to 512, the delay reduces and increases as expected, but always has an additional 100ms of delay. I have restarted my DAW (cubase 12), reloaded projects, rebooted the system, verified engine configs, and the issue is the same.
- everything loaded via Maschine or Komplete Kontrol is fine - no silence, no problems loading patches, no latency. Inside C12 and in standalone.
- In standalone mode... Kontakt 7 has no delay or problem loading patches. Its all in plugin mode.
I can reproduce this easily. Creating an empty C12 project(with or without template) has no effect. Cubase has not been updated in months, and the last update this system had was the recent VST3 support update pushed from NI. Anyone else seeing this?
- 8.8K All Categories
- 17 Welcome
- 384 Hangout
- 57 NI News
- 173 Tech Talks
- 909 Native Access
- 4.1K Komplete
- 511 Komplete General
- 926 Komplete Kontrol
- 1.6K Kontakt
- 408 Reaktor
- 130 Battery 4
- 222 Guitar Rig & FX
- 170 Massive X & Synths
- 170 Other Software & Hardware
- 1.9K Maschine
- 19 Sampling Room
- 2.1K Traktor
- 1.9K Traktor Software & Hardware