Busy season in progress... Please note that due to a high volume of requests, the response time from our support is currently longer than usual. Chat is temporarily not available. We thank you for your understanding.

Massive x Plug ins stopped working in maschine 2

look007
look007 Member Posts: 1 Noise

Hi I have previously used massive x plug ins but now when i brows the sounds the sound plays put when i load it and press the keys nothing happens. this is only with massive x, massive still works. does anyone know the fix for this?

Best Answer

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 315 Saw
    edited November 5 Answer ✓

Are you on M1 Mac?

if so run Maschine in Rosetta mode

Answers

• Kymeia
    edited November 5 Answer ✓

Are you on M1 Mac?

if so run Maschine in Rosetta mode

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI BerlinCustomer Care Posts: 2,826 mod

@look007 Does Massive X work in other programs ? In Komplete Kontrol ?

• soletan
    soletan BerlinMember Posts: 2 Noise

That's a bold move, NI! Last week everything was working fine on my Mac M1. But after upgrading all offered (!!) updates in NI Access most instruments fail to load with reference to either Massive X or Reactor having issues with natively supporting Silicon. Probably, this wouldn't be quite as significant if Reactor for example wouldn't be the backbone of a majority of instruments included with Komplete.

While requiring native Silicon support might be eligible and even if you intend to force users to pay another upgrade to get latest applications running on Silicon natively this way, breaking a running system and then forward customers to some support page to read about is definitely unacceptable. How do I downgrade your software? Why hasn't been NI Access been prevented from offering those updates in the first place?

Referring to Rosetta isn't helpful in this case either as everything was running on Rosetta before and now it is my job to fix the system for the custom-built updater wasn't capable of considering that?

• Kymeia
    edited November 12

Massive X native is coming pretty soon, Reaktor will be last probably but it’s a complicated one as it’s their oldest plugin so probably has lots of technical dept, it has really outdated graphical support, plus a huge user library and third party ecosystem to ensure still works.

The way I see it is this, last week to run Massive X, Reaktor and Komplete Kontrol/Maschine in my M1 Max I needed them all in Rosetta mode, now I need 2 less, but being hosts I can still go back to Rosetta mode when I need it for backwards compatibility with MPX and Reaktor and many third party plugins, while also now having forwards compatibility with a ton more plugins that are native and VST3 only on Mac that I couldn’t run before. Nothing is ‘broken’, all those plugins still load but now you have a choice about which mode to run NI hosts in (for a while) when before we had no options.