Busy season in progress... Please note that due to a high volume of requests, the response time from our support is currently longer than usual. Chat is temporarily not available. We thank you for your understanding.

Maschine MK3 Third Party Plugins and latency

Damilu
Damilu Member Posts: 1 Noise
edited November 1 in Maschine

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to add thrid party plugins to my sound for a long time. It works, but as soon as I press the sound and the third party plugin loads, the sound starts 2 to 3 seconds later. As soon as I remove the plugin, the sound loads normally. How can I fix this?

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI BerlinCustomer Care Posts: 2,863 mod
    Answer ✓

Some 3rd party plug-ins induce a delay (due to processing), unfortunately, the Maschine software doesn't have Plug-In delay compensation, it's a common feature request. Hopefully this gets addressed in the future.

Answers

• The P.O.T.Y
    The P.O.T.Y Member Posts: 15 Sine

Had that problem with a few 3rd party plugins also. It became a lil easier with just an added step. If its something like a "pro" plug-in that is just "heavy" on cpu/gui etc. try it on the GROUP section of the SOUNDS as plugin and automate on/off with in specific pattern. That way it is not constantly working during playback. Or create a GROUP (A2) and load your time-based plugins (and dynamics if choose) push the signal to that SOUND (plug-in) and the delay start should not happen. Because your sending the signal at start/play aside from start/play processing the signal for a delayed playback start. I do this with Soundshifter plugin, where the pitch change is seamless when start/play. Because I am sending the audio signal to process. Not the plug-in processing the MIDI triggered audio. Some plug-ins that manipulate MIDI and Audio work without a delay playback. But ones that are really made to just manipulate Audio will create delay or artifacts. Because the MIDI input/note to trigger audio playback ms delay has to process first, for the plugin that may Audio manipulate too process next. Causing mad delay if engaged at start of session.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

Some 3rd party plug-ins induce a delay (due to processing), unfortunately, the Maschine software doesn't have Plug-In delay compensation, it's a common feature request. Hopefully this gets addressed in the future.

• Mike Vamp
    Mike Vamp BerlinMember Posts: 9 Sine

Hi Jeremy,

I encounter cracks when I start and stop or retrigger my scenes or pattern. I am also using third-party plugins. Could this be the reason why that happens? I left a discussion to see if others have this problem too.

Thank you for your help.

• Jeremy_NI

@Mike Vamp I can't find the discussion you mentioned about cracks or performance issues.

• Mike Vamp
    Mike Vamp BerlinMember Posts: 9 Sine
    edited November 2

Hi Jeremy, it had to be approved. It s online now : ) Thank you in advance.