Kontakt 6 win 11 Not working correctly.

leonburger
leonburger Member Posts: 5 Member
edited February 2022 in Kontakt

Hi, all I was wondering if anybody else is having this problem.

If I have multiple instruments loaded into one instance of Kontakt 6 vst or standalone Specifically with the Symphony Strings collection when I access the mixer settings and mic adjustments on the instrument (instance in kontakt) the plugin freezes and becomes unusable works fine in win 10 but win 11 is a no go.

Best Answer

• awinterl
    awinterl Member Posts: 7 Member
    Answer ✓

This is probably mainly due to the fact that Kontakt 6 does not officially support Windows 11 yet. I would not currently use Windows 11 productively in the music production environment. If Kontakt is updated this year, you will have to reevaluate it.

Answers

• awinterl
    awinterl Member Posts: 7 Member
    Answer ✓

This is probably mainly due to the fact that Kontakt 6 does not officially support Windows 11 yet. I would not currently use Windows 11 productively in the music production environment. If Kontakt is updated this year, you will have to reevaluate it.

• leonburger
    leonburger Member Posts: 5 Member

Thank you.

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod

Next version of Kontakt will officially support W11. But this is weird either way, usually major Windows updates were fairly smooth sailing from my experience, when plugins are concerned...

• Simchris
    Simchris Member Posts: 210 Advisor

Only issue i have with windows 11 is latest arturia updates did not put nks stuff in right place as i have empty previews for some of their stuff only. And the damn ssd speed degradation issue was a real thing. Luckily i cloned my win 10 drive, updated to win 11 and testing with cloned drive to see if worth doing full time. I think next big update to win 11 will fix ton of birthing pains. Samples are on external esata ssd thankfully.