Traktor 3 Pro and ADAT ports - crashing

Isotoxin
Isotoxin Member Posts: 121 Helper
edited October 2022 in Traktor Software & Hardware

Maybe someone is using Traktor application with an audio interface expanded via toslink cables with ADAT ports?

Because for me, if I'm trying to select any ADAT port for input or for output, the mouse click on ADAT port instantly closes - crashes Traktor without any error.

P. S. I'm using Windows 11 + UMC1820 + ADA8200

Tagged:

Comments

• Isotoxin

Looks like the Behringer has been fixed the issue with a new driver version UMC Driver 5.51.0 (for Windows 10 + 11).

I have updated the drivers and now the ADAT ports selection in Traktor doesn't closes/crashes the app.

• rmn
    rmn Member Posts: 40 Helper

Used ADA8200 + RME Babyface on Os x for a while. No issues.

• Isotoxin

I was happy to soon.

Looks like with a Traktor, for me, on the Behringer, works only first 5 ports out of 8. If I'll try to select the 6, 7 or 8 port, then Traktor crashes. 😁 But works perfectly fine with a first 5! Just need to reroute my setup.

• Isotoxin

I'm adding information from NI support here:

Thank you for contacting Native Instruments.

Unfortunately, this is an ongoing bug that is already being investigated by our team. Here you have the Bug ID for reference: 

TP-10849 TRAKTOR cannot access audio interface channels 13 and higher (CRASH) 

We'll change the ticket status to “Solved” as there is not much we can help with for now. Should you want to check on the fixing status, simply respond to the ticket at your earliest convenience referring to the bug ID and it will activate once more for us to review and get back to you.

• rmn
    rmn Member Posts: 40 Helper
  • Isotoxin

Unfortunately, ADAT ports are visible only for ASIO driver itself. And ASIO4ALL only works with a WDM devices. So it doesn't see any audio ports, what are not visible for Windows OS. And Windows only see the UMC1820 ports and not the expansion ports.

This is not a big issue for me, because the Maschine works fine with ADAT ports via expansion, and at the moment, for me where is no problem to mix without Traktor effects via send/return. There is more then enough ports on UMC1820 itself to use with a Traktor.

Will wait the fix for the:

TP-10849 TRAKTOR cannot access audio interface channels 13 and higher (CRASH) 

• Foniqui
    Foniqui Member Posts: 1 Member
    edited 12:09PM

Same problem here with Traktor pro 3 and RME digiface USB on Windows 11, selecting channel 13 or higher causes a crash. I am also experiencing a long delay to open Traktor, more than 2 minutes to open the application.