Snapshot in Traktor 3.6.1

Options
Mark Bark
Mark Bark Member Posts: 9 Member
edited October 2022 in Traktor Software & Hardware
  • Dry/Wet Knob Included in FX Snapshot
  • The dry/wet knob setting is now excluded from the stored effects snapshot, allowing you to recall an effect setting before it’s engaged.

After so many years of great working snapshot function in traktor's fx section, they decided to change the behaviour of it. From last update Dry/Wet knob is excluded from stored. WHY???!!! This is totaly usless at this moment.

Tagged:

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,589 admin
    Options

Hey @Mark Bark sorry to hear the change has affected your workflow. We'll make sure to collect this feedback for the team.

• Mark Bark
    Options

Hi. I hope so... I'm forced to use Traktor's version before this update. :/

• Siasia
    Siasia Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Same here. Have no idea what they wanted to achieved with this. Sorry NI but this worst Traktor FIX ever!

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,670 mod
    Options

I noticed this the day it was released to public. Tried every beta and what I could notice that snaphotst were switched off in first beta, then activated again in second and it was all good until it the release candidate version.

The focus was on testing new Pattern Player for which snapshots are not implemented yet.

In order to fix this the snapshot should work only if Group or Single FX mode is set. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but we could even fix this with a simple mapping using "FX Panel Mode" modifier it the snapshot were working.

This is indeed the worst Traktor version I ever used and that comes from someone who doesn't close Traktor.

• Mark Bark
    Options

I think it might be because of the Pattern Player. But why we, who used this function for so many years, have to to be victims of the introduction of a new feature. It's clearly unfair! There must be some solution.

• Tellmeaboutit123
    Tellmeaboutit123 Member Posts: 493 Guru
    Options

I believe they are looking into it and have said they can roll back to the state it was before. It is really frustrating as you scroll through effects and some are on, which really messes your mix up. Plus on instant grat most times you have to press twice for all the effects to load. It’s pretty much unusable tight now for those situations. I hope they fix it, look at all the innovators who have created the most amazing mappings over the years. Reason some folk have stayed with Traktor and given more life to hardware.

• s4mk3
    s4mk3 Member Posts: 33 Helper
    Options

Please change this back or at least have an option in the settings.

• gpratola
    gpratola Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Same problem

• Mark Bark
    Options

...and still no reaction from NI.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,670 mod
    edited November 2022
    Options

They are still collecting the feedback and because not many DJs have updated from 3.4 and 3.5 it could take a while. I cannot believe that 3.6 came with two new commands that weren't working. That was a first time ever and tells you they figured out something in last sec. Probably because they only use X1's and S4's.

FYI I was able to fix this using a virtual midi cable and modifiers (creating a timer which inserts an effect and then activates it instantly after it's inserted). Im sure NI will do it right because it is possible to fix.

Fingers crossed it will be soon.

• Tellmeaboutit123
    Tellmeaboutit123 Member Posts: 493 Guru
    edited November 2022
    Options

I hope so man. Your S4 map is class . Currently not really usable on 3.6 or 3.7 @Kaiwan_NI any news on this?

• dj_estrela
    dj_estrela Member Posts: 158 Pro
    Options

Sam problem

• gpratola
    gpratola Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Anyway the "Instant Grat FX Traktor Mapping For MF" Twister mapping works well with the latest version of Traktor

I am experiencing these problems with my Xone K2 mapping

• Siasia
    Siasia Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Updated for version 3.7.0.

FIXED Behaviour of DRY/WET and ON/OFF in snapshots The behaviour of DRY/WET and ON/OFF in effects snapshots has been restored to their behaviour before version 3.6.

Finally! Thank U! :)