How can I recover instrument setting from an instance on KONTAKT 6 - if I just installed KONTAKT 7?

JordanVanderwerf
JordanVanderwerf Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

I think I may have just screwed myself here..

I have a project with multiple KONTAKT instruments, Asian, middle east so so on..

I had them loaded VIA Kontakt 6 player, I had made some small adjustments to each instrument, y'know refined them to my liking..

Then... I went and installed Kontakt 7 in the native access app.. and now that I've loaded my project again, every one of my Kontakt 6 INSTANCES are disabled and I'm unable to find where Kontakt 6 went haha..

I had thought that I might be able to use kontakt 6 and 7 seperately but apparently NOT.. haha

I will probably never update S^&^* again until the project is finnished.. DANGIT!! please help!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!🀣

Best Answer

• JordanVanderwerf
    Answer βœ“

My god... I figured it out! &^&*ME😜

okay. I still think this is a very valid thread. so here is the answer. (Albeit still kind of annoying and not 100% satisfactory.)

with this, I was able to switch my "custom" VST3 folder location through Ableton, to this stupid UNCHANGEABLE dedicated folder. - This reinstated the instances I had saved on my project and will allow me to complete this ONE project.

The only problem I find with this, is because I've got most of my other VST3's saved onto my 2nd hard drive in a special location. they are now not accessible at the same time and this Native Instruments "Dedicated" folder. I will have to switch back and forth OR move all my VST3's (basically all my VST2's as well..) over to this "programs, common files, VST" bologna...

Well... I am praising hallelujah😭 that I have figure out THIS CURRENT PROJECT.. but some how I am now totally terrified to open any older projects that still need work.. for fear that I will not be able to use my other 3rd party VST3's at the same time as all my Kontakt libraries..

Life goes on.. I'm so incomplete.. hahaaa eemoooπŸ˜‚

Answers

• JordanVanderwerf

Furthermore, what the hell is the difference between 64bit and 32bit, I mean, I know the difference actually.. but WHY does Native Access, only allow you to decide where to put 32 vs 64? shouldn't I be able to decide where I put my VST3 vs my VST2???????? the F%^%^&.. or are they talking about 32/64 as if it was VST2/VST3????? whyyy

Does not both VST2/3 come in 32bit and 64bit?

Native instruments is infuriating.

• JordanVanderwerf
    Answer βœ“

My god... I figured it out! &^&*ME😜

okay. I still think this is a very valid thread. so here is the answer. (Albeit still kind of annoying and not 100% satisfactory.)

with this, I was able to switch my "custom" VST3 folder location through Ableton, to this stupid UNCHANGEABLE dedicated folder. - This reinstated the instances I had saved on my project and will allow me to complete this ONE project.

The only problem I find with this, is because I've got most of my other VST3's saved onto my 2nd hard drive in a special location. they are now not accessible at the same time and this Native Instruments "Dedicated" folder. I will have to switch back and forth OR move all my VST3's (basically all my VST2's as well..) over to this "programs, common files, VST" bologna...

Well... I am praising hallelujah😭 that I have figure out THIS CURRENT PROJECT.. but some how I am now totally terrified to open any older projects that still need work.. for fear that I will not be able to use my other 3rd party VST3's at the same time as all my Kontakt libraries..

Life goes on.. I'm so incomplete.. hahaaa eemoooπŸ˜‚

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    edited October 2022

It's not unchangeable... You can change the plugin folders to which Native Access installs things, in Preferences...

VST3 by definition from Steinberg has only one fixed system path. Some DAWs don't allow you to change it. It is always going to be C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3.