Moving a Kontakt Library to offline archive

Options
KontaktStudent1
KontaktStudent1 Member Posts: 2 Member

I want to move several Kontakt libraries to offline storage to regain space on my SSD. I am familiar with the relocation procedure here: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005719829-Moving-a-Native-Instruments-Product-to-Another-Location-on-Your-Computer-

However, the location I move these libraries to will not be online. They will be archived on a removable 2 TB drive. Is the procedure above still the correct procedure? I know that there will be a message about "can't locate library". Is this a problem? Or is there another way I should be archiving these libraries?

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

Well if you don’t need to use the library, I don’t see an issue… NA will report that the library needs repair, but can be ignored!!!

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

Well if you don’t need to use the library, I don’t see an issue… NA will report that the library needs repair, but can be ignored!!!

• KontaktStudent1
    KontaktStudent1 Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

So the "repair" or "locate" flag will not hurt the rest of Kontakt in any way? I like your solution because I do not want to deal with the "uninstall" process because it involves the Registry (win 10).