Is Kontakt 6 considered “Komplete Select”?

AlexH
AlexH Member Posts: 5 Member

I have Kontakt 6 and was looking to upgrade to Komplete. When looking at Komplete 14, it says I can upgrade through the Select upgrade path.

At this stage I don’t need the new instruments included with Komplete 14 and have an opportunity to purchase Komplete 13 Standard (upgrade from Select) for an attractive price.

Would I be correct in assuming that if I can upgrade to K14 through Select, I would be able to do that same with K13? To be clear, I do not own Komplete Select, but do own Kontakt 6 (full, not the player).

Tagged:

Best Answer

• AlexH
    Answer ✓

The Manufacturer Model Number listed on the site is NI-K13UPG. After googling that model number and viewing offers from other stores, which provide additional information, it appears that owing Kontakt 6 will suffice:

This upgrade only works for users of KOMPLETE SELECT (included with KOMPLETE KONTROL S-SERIES keyboards and MASCHINE hardware that includes MASCHINE 2 software, except MIKRO MK3), KONTAKT 1-6, SYMPHONY SERIES – COLLECTION, or SYMPHONY ESSENTIALS – COLLECTION.

You won't be able to install and activate this version unless you own one of the required products listed above! 

Answers

• AlexH
    Answer ✓

The Manufacturer Model Number listed on the site is NI-K13UPG. After googling that model number and viewing offers from other stores, which provide additional information, it appears that owing Kontakt 6 will suffice:

This upgrade only works for users of KOMPLETE SELECT (included with KOMPLETE KONTROL S-SERIES keyboards and MASCHINE hardware that includes MASCHINE 2 software, except MIKRO MK3), KONTAKT 1-6, SYMPHONY SERIES – COLLECTION, or SYMPHONY ESSENTIALS – COLLECTION.

You won't be able to install and activate this version unless you own one of the required products listed above!