Kontakt 7 editing samples not possible?

Skitter Hawk
Skitter Hawk Member Posts: 3 Member
edited October 2022 in Kontakt

Been playing with Kontakt 7 and wanted to know if they (N.I.) have locked us out of editing samples and other parameters via the tool (wrench) button, or am I just missing something.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    Answer ✓

You're not missing anything, KFL2 is locked for editing (main reason here being because Native UI toolkit that is used for the HiDPI user interface is not yet public to use for everyone).

Answers

• stephen24
    stephen24 Member Posts: 276 Pro

Agree strongly with all that (though I wouldn't push the last paragraph)

• EvilDragon
    Answer ✓

You're not missing anything, KFL2 is locked for editing (main reason here being because Native UI toolkit that is used for the HiDPI user interface is not yet public to use for everyone).

• Angel PL
    Angel PL Member Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2022
  • EvilDragon

Nobody's forcing you. :)

• heinrichz
    heinrichz Member Posts: 24 Member
    edited December 2022

This is unfortunately diminishing the value of these instruments and Kontakt as sound design and a teaching tool. I've been creating curricula and teaching Kontakt at several schools in the US now for 15 years and extracting groups and recombining them in new instruments was one of the primary ways to get started while explaining how sound was organized UNDER THE HOOD and going beyond just playing with Performance views. We used to be able to browse groups as well for that purpose..and that's obviously also gone. Furthermore, looking at the deep end was always an important teaching tool to learn how to make your own instruments. Unfortunately I will have to use the previous Kontakt Library now until this is resolved. Any idea when this is going to happen?

• heinrichz
    heinrichz Member Posts: 24 Member

I've used NI products since 1996 and Kontakt since the first version.

• cc0
    cc0 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

@EvilDragon does that mean that the ability to edit will return and that it is just missing because of it only being a beta?

I mean it's ok for now as I can still use K6, but it's worrying if that's the direction and we will be to locked out of editing, I use it on prebuilt libs to make customisation for better dynamic control with a Roli Seaboard Rise, so I hope it doesn't get permanently removed.

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,116 Expert

@cc0 Whether or not the deeper instrument editing (Edit Mode) is available depends on the library itself. Some libraries (like Spotlight Collection: East Asia or Playbox) can be edited, while others (like Analog Dreams or Ignition Keys) can't. It's not bound to Kontakt.

• EvilDragon

I would hope so, but it is not my decision ultimately.

• LEMPEGNAT
    LEMPEGNAT Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Bonjour

Je decouvre le problème. L'un des interets pour moi de KONTAKT etait de pouvoir pratiquer via script editor le microtuning pour jouer les instruments sur des tempéraments particuliers pour des musiques ethniques. Ceci n'est plus possible avec la version 7 si la clé est supprimée. Dommage....

• LEMPEGNAT
    LEMPEGNAT Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Y aurait -il des alternatives sur Kontakt 7 pour pratiquer le microtuning

• humanista
    humanista Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I would really like to be able to loop guitar samples to create a guitar instrument that has infinite sustain. I was hoping that something like Electric mint would allow this kind of looping via the waveform editor, but I am guessing this kind of editing is locked out