TRAKTOR 3.6.0 - Windows Crashes on Start-Up Related to Native Access 2 Resolved

Allan_NI
Allan_NI Product Team Posts: 55 mod

Dear Traktorists,

Based on several user reports about start-up crashes on Windows we were able to identify the root-cause for this crash in a specific version of Native Access 2, which corrupted parts of the TRAKTOR Registry.

This issue has been already fixed in the latest version of Native Access 2.

To restore the corrupted parts of the TRAKTOR Registry on your computer you can do one of the following:

1. Close TRAKTOR PRO 3.6
  2. Open Native Access 2
  3. If your Native Access version number is 2.1.0 or higher proceed to step 7
  4. If you Native Access version number is 2.0.7 or lower, wait for the notification that a new version of Native Access will be installed when exiting the application
  5. Click “restart to install now” on the Native Access 2 notification
  6. Wait for the Native Access 2 update to finish installing
  7. Close Native Access 2
  8. Open TRAKTOR PRO 3.6

or

1. Close TRAKTOR PRO 3.6
  2. Close Native Access
  3. Downgrade from Native Access 2 to Native Access 1 as described here
  4. Open Native Access 1
  5. Open TRAKTOR PRO 3.6

or

1. Close TRAKTOR PRO 3.6
  2. Launch TRAKTOR PRO 3.5.3 from the Backups folder
  3. Close TRAKTOR PRO 3.5.3
  4. Open TRAKTOR PRO 3.6

Either of these methods will work and no reinstallation of any application is needed.

We apologize for the inconvenience and that it took us some time to identify the root-cause of this issue.

Comments

• Petemeega
    Petemeega Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Doesnt work

• Petemeega
    Petemeega Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited September 2022

How can I close Traktor if I can not open it?

• Allan_NI
  • CrazyDarrell
    CrazyDarrell Member Posts: 5 Member

comment keeps coming up about native access needs to be granted permission on version 2.6.2

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,788 Expert

What probably has solved my problem was openning NA2 to be able to report the version... TP3 started to work OK after that, I guess.

I enclose those two crashlogs, that have occured after install and before running NA2 again.

• Garre73
    Garre73 Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hola! A mi me pasa lo mismo, me sale el error de crashlogs mini.nicrash, y yo no puedo abrir Traktor Pro 3 y lo instalé por primera vez el Miercoles dia 6 de Octubre y he probado hacer varias cosas y sigue sin funcionar, no me deja ni abrirlo, osea que si no me deja abrirlo, tampoco lo puedo cerrar como decís aquí arriba. Me podéis ayudar por favor?

• Garre73

Ya no se que hacer, estoy ya desanimado.

• Garre73

Yo tengo el Traktor Kontrol S2 MK1 y tampoco me iba ya, lo desinstalé todo y ya me compré el Traktor Kontrol S2 MK3, lo instalé y ahora resulta que tampoco me va este, esto es increible.

• Chakra Chaos
    Chakra Chaos Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I bought Traktor 3 today and it doesn`t start on my PC.

It crashes all the Time. I uninstalled it and then new install. I uninstalled native access and new installed it. Doesn`t work at all.

I used NUI Uninstall RegTool and doesn`t work.

I uninstalled native access and used an older Version, like a tutorial wrote here. Doesn´t work!

Nice Joke.... Traktor DJ 2 works fine!

PC Is: Win 10, AMD Phenom II X6 1090T with 16 GB Ram

Nice Joke 2: Traktor runs on my Laptop wich is very slow, so it doesn`t make sense to use it. I bouth it for my PC, not for my Laptop.

Laptop is: HP Pavilion 15 Notebook, Intel Core i5-4200U with 12 GB

What is the Problem? How can i fix it?

• DuncsNisbet
    DuncsNisbet Member Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2022

Neither of these options worked for me unfortunately.

I tried moving & collection.nml & settings.tsi to the desktop

I tried downgrading NA with 3.6 - nope

I found an official link to 3.5.3 (google drive), to try & downgrade - nope - blank error dialog opens with no error text

(I can't currently find the official link - it was in the same thread where someone has uploaded previous versions to dropbox)

I've restarted lappy numerous times.

I need my setup to be working for Saturday - what are my next steps please?

Thanks in advance,

Duncs

Here's some of the crashlogs from various stages of my attempts to fix:

• cipherslane
    cipherslane Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

hey mine just crashes after the 22h2 update on windows 11 updating the crash log

• Allan_NI

Hey everyone,

Please give the new Beta a shot and let us know if it resolves the issues you are facing.

Thank you

• dabuck204
    dabuck204 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Im just trying to test the traktor demo before buying but the install gives me an error upon starting the program

Very annoying as its the standard windows install and crashes immediately on Windows 10 with latest update. Was going to test before buying but this is not a good start...

• Abcdanceradio
    Abcdanceradio Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Me too...

Im just trying to test the traktor demo before buying but the install gives me an error upon starting the program

• alfred
    alfred Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hola alguien me puede ayudar con la descarga de traktor pro3 no me descarga el programa.