Maschine+ compatible audio interfaces thread

Comments

• kleody
    kleody Member Posts: 25 Member
  • darkwaves
    darkwaves Member Posts: 342 Guru

Worth looking at:

I know it's about ios; but the concept is the same. For example; if I connect my motu to M+, I wouldn't hear anything if the routing in the motu's internal mixer wasn't configured properly - but there would be no way to configure it from inside of M+. That video seems to indicate you'll need to do something similar before connecting your interface to M+

• Fabio Barbon
    Fabio Barbon Member Posts: 25 Helper

Zoom R24 works straightforwardly, providing 8 inputs (including switchable onboard stereo mic on channels 7/8) and stereo output.

• Anthony20h10
    Anthony20h10 Member Posts: 11 Member

TC Helicon voice live 2 : ready!!!

• hubiedubie
    hubiedubie Member Posts: 12 Member

Arturia Audiofuse Studio works (partially). All IO are available to Maschine (8 in and 6 out). Every 20 minutes or so, the audio drops out but you can fix it by reselecting the interface in settings. This interface works fine on the Akai MPC X.

• hubiedubie
    hubiedubie Member Posts: 12 Member

SSL Big Six isn’t working. It’s fine for about a minute but then drops out. This kind of works on the Akai MPCX…the odd crackle but no dropouts.

It would be useful if both NI and Akai published a list of officially supported interfaces (there is a list somewhere but I think it’s out of date)….and ideally looked to expand that list over time.

Maschine+ could really do with supporting an interface with a high IO count eg the Focusrite Scarlett/Clarett+ 18i20.

Additionally the having a maximum of 8 inputs in the Maschine engine is somewhat restrictive if you want it to be your studio hub.

• kleody
    kleody Member Posts: 25 Member

Thanks for tip... I tried his suggestion in video but as soon as I connect it to Mas+ it just makes a bunch of noise and digital clicking... oh well 🤷

• knarrrz
    knarrrz Member Posts: 5 Member

The iConnectivity AUDIO4c works perfectly with my Maschine+. However, it's necessary to switch the clock source (audio clock, not MIDI) from "Internal" to "USB" in the interface's own settings, otherwise the sound will drop out after a few minutes. This might be also the case for all those who experience the same issue with other audio interfaces.

• The MIDI Maniac
    The MIDI Maniac Member Posts: 3 Member

Hey Maschine+ users!

I’ve successfully tested the following units through USB.

• Roland Rubix-44. Works excellent as an audio and midi unit
    • Roland V-Synth XT. Also as audio and midi unit.
    • Roland VariOS recognised as Midi unit
    • Roland V-Synth OG 2.0 recognised as midi unit

why is so incredible? Well, the last 3 pieces of gear are not recognised by computers anymore due to lack of drivers. So this super cool, that the Maschine+ gives life to my favourite hardware synths.

grtzz,

Roger, The MIDI Maniac

www.themidimaniac.com

www.YouTube.com/c/Rogerthemidimaniac

• Patrick Galame
    Patrick Galame Member Posts: 7 Member

Hi Maschinerists,

When on the go, I use my small Yamaha THR5a acoustic guitar amp (USB) as both a portable monitor and guitar input with my Maschine+. Very handy,

Cheers,

Patrick

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 604 Guru

I'm using a UA Volt 276 with my Maschine+, working like a champ as long as I use external power with it (seems like M+ does not supply a lot of juice rom its USB ports).

Also tested to be working: Elektron Analog Heat MK1

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,881 mod

Interesting. The M+ should deliver a max of 5V and 0.5A which is the standard for USB2 afaik, however, UA Volt 276 has a Type-C connector which can go much higher, so I thought that was the issue but apparently not? On the spec sheet for the Volt UA says they're also following the USB2 standard for power... Quite odd.

Have you tried the Volt connected to a regular USB-2 port on a computer? (Not USB-3 or C) Just curious.

• KIRI
    KIRI Member Posts: 34 Member

re: Elektron boxes (as mentioned in Rhythm Droid's opening comment on this thread) - I've just been testing Digitakt and Digitone; if you switch them to USB midi/audio mode in their settings, then both show up in Maschine as audio interfaces (but only offering stereo in/out - not multi-channel), and of course as expected as MIDI ins/outs.

so the basic functionality is there but I'd rather route through patchbay/mixer like most of my gear and just tap the inputs when I'm looking to sample into Maschine. (mainly because when working daw-less with M+ I prefer to keep it as the main interface - obviously would be a neat trick if you could create multi-device interface on M+ as you can on a Mac, say, with option to run external inputs while keeping Maschine for the output).

my hope was that if I could get multichannel audio into Maschine+ via the Elektron boxes, I could have also run other gear in via their external inputs (e.g. mono synths / volca boxes); that's not to be, but just thought I'd share my findings anyway.

I haven't tested Analog Heat mk2 but I would assume the same. I might do that another day if anyone has a burning desire to know!

• Rhythm Droid
    Rhythm Droid Member Posts: 22 Helper
    edited July 2022

Hi Kiri, you know what...I must apologize, I was mistaken on the "multi-channel" part of it.

For the present moment, as far as I know, Elektron machines offer only 2-channels of audio when operating over the class-compliant USB audio protocol. Hopefully that will change. Of course, Elektron is very invested in having people use their Overbridge protocol, as that offers multi-channel audio, parameter control, project recall, etc.

I can't correct my post as I'm unable to edit it!

SO, FYI everyone: Elektron instruments with class-compliant USB only seem to offer 2-channels of audio when connected to Maschine+

• KIRI
    KIRI Member Posts: 34 Member

Copy that RD, makes sense - had overlooked that it is in fact a limitation of the Elektron boxes! - glad to have confirmation it wasn’t just me doing something wrong anyway, so thanks for the clarification.