Embed loop points in sample within Kontakt

RolyB
RolyB Member Posts: 3 Member
edited January 2022 in Scripting Workshop

Hey there

Building my first Kontakt instrument and have found the contributions on the various forums hugely helpful - thank you all! Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere and I've missed it.

I built the instrument in K6 but am in the process of converting (read: re-building 🙃, as I didn't realise Kontakt was not backwards compatible...) it to K5. I've got a number of groups in the instrument and wondering if there was a method of embeding the loop points of the samples into them, possibly using a Creator Tools LUA script?

This would save me re-inputting all of the loop points into the new K5 version of this instrument.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,

Roly

Best Answer

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    Answer ✓

This is not possible in CT, unfortunately.

(BTW Kontakt is backwards compatible. It's not forwards compatible.)

Answers

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    Answer ✓

This is not possible in CT, unfortunately.

(BTW Kontakt is backwards compatible. It's not forwards compatible.)

• RolyB
    RolyB Member Posts: 3 Member

Thanks for the clarification, ED. Absolutely right, that's my tired brain for you. Point being that K5 can't open my K6 instrument, haha!

So, the best(/only?) option really is to do it all manually?

I suppose for the future, I've learned the lesson of adding loop points in an external editor and burning them in that way...

• soundtrax
    soundtrax Member Posts: 14 Member

On a Mac you can use Logic Pro's Sampler to embed loop points into samples. It would be cool if Kontakt could do it too.