Folder structure USB Maschine Plus

Options
2»

Answers

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,356 Expert
    edited October 2023
    Options

The workaround is to embrace the tagging system and properly understand the differentiation of the dimensions category and character. As you suggested, you can introduce categories for vendors and libraries. But you can do way more, like introducing additional categories for source types (e.g. „Drum Machines“) with corresponding sub-categories (e.g. „ Alesis HR-16“).

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,138 Guru
    Options

embrace the tagging system

....but you can't tag on the Maschine+.........and even if you could, you can't tag NI content (without a lot of messing around).

• ozon
    edited October 2023
    Options

Indeed, the glass is half empty.

You have to use Maschine on the computer to add the tags.

NI‘s content is in the browser under Factory, completely separated from User content. And it is already pretty well tagged. And yes, it’s impossible to change the tags for NI content installed on the M+.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,138 Guru
    Options

If they expect us to use tags rather than being able to search (searching is such a treat on my MPC), it needs to be easy to do. Not being able to add your own tags to expansion content you've bought is very frustrating.

• BezowinZ
    BezowinZ Member Posts: 11 Member
    Options

I found a decent tutorial vid on tagging. Not too bad for tagging entire folders at once. I may have to make some adjustments to my folders, like separating drums and percussion, but that shouldn't be too bad.

Can Maschine handle moving folders after samples have been tagged? Will the tags remain if I move a sample/folder?

Has NI acknowledged the vendor issue and a plan to fix it?

• ozon
    Options

Cool!

Tags are embedded as meta data into the sample files, as long as the files are not write protected. You can move or copy the files however you like and the tags will remain.

NI has not acknowledged the vendor tag bug.