M32 with Bitwig?

Bill Tribble
Bill Tribble Member Posts: 8 Member
edited August 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Just got an NI M32 and I'm disappointed to realise the knobs and 'browser' stuff only work with Komplete Kontrol (even using Moss' script).

Can anyone recommend a better way to set it up? I've seen people mention Flexi mode but I have no idea where to start with it.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

I gave this a go, with a s61 MK2 I'm able to control Bitwig's own devices but not with the M32. On Bitwig's site they state:

With Bitwig Studio 4.0 we also added support for Native Instruments - Komplete Kontrol A and M. Now all Komplete Kontrol keyboards are deeply integrated in Bitwig Studio.

This allows you access to almost all the same features as are available on Native Instruments' bigger models, like the Komplete Kontrol S MK2

I'm guessing that the "almost all" part means no control over Bitwig's own plug-ins. I'm trying to get more info on that.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

M series KB integration was added to Bitwig version 4, here is a link to setting it up…scroll down for A/M series instructions.

https://www.bitwig.com/learnings/new-integration-for-ni-controllers-142/

• Bill Tribble

Huh. I tried both the Bitwig version and Moss'. Had no luck with either controlling devices. Will try again!

• Bill Tribble

I mean, I can control plugins via KK, but none of the native stuff...

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

I gave this a go, with a s61 MK2 I'm able to control Bitwig's own devices but not with the M32. On Bitwig's site they state:

With Bitwig Studio 4.0 we also added support for Native Instruments - Komplete Kontrol A and M. Now all Komplete Kontrol keyboards are deeply integrated in Bitwig Studio.

This allows you access to almost all the same features as are available on Native Instruments' bigger models, like the Komplete Kontrol S MK2

I'm guessing that the "almost all" part means no control over Bitwig's own plug-ins. I'm trying to get more info on that.

• Bill Tribble
    edited August 2022

Yeah I gave up on this, going to return the M32. I got my Launchkey 37 working for focused devices with Moss' 'flexi' template - that'll do me for now.

• dtonshel
    dtonshel Member Posts: 3 Member
    edited June 2023

Hi, I'm trying out Bitwig Studio and am running into the MIDI Output Error: "Komplete Kontrol M32 MIDI: Could not open MIDI output: There is not enough memory..."

Does anyone know how to resolve this error so I can use M32 with Bitwig Studio?

• dtonshel
    dtonshel Member Posts: 3 Member

An update - I found a FIX for Komplete Kontrol M32 & Bitwig Studio "MIDI OUTPUT Error" in Windows 11.

With Bitwig Studio settings, as shown below, I changed the input for 1st slot to Komplete Kontrol M DAW / 2nd slot to Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth.

My M32 is now playing nice with Bitwig Studio, with transport control, Komplete Kontrol full functionality and even MIDI mode CC 14-117 available for mapping to Bitwig Studio plugins via M32 SHIFT + PLUG-IN MIDI buttons.

• Laurence Taylor
    Laurence Taylor Member Posts: 10 Member
    edited July 2023

Vis-a-vis Bitwig 5, and having done a bunch of reinstallation and removing config files and so forth I haven't got a way of fixing this issue atm other than stopping the NIHostIntegration service and restarting it (through services.msc) after enabling the controller in bitwig