Hi all,
I have used Traktor for more than twenty years, and I keep running into CDJ booths. When I play on CDJs I want my Traktor playlists and cues with me, not another library to rebuild. So I wrote Traktor Bridge, and version 3.5 is out today.
A word on where it comes from. The project started three years ago. Version 2 was not stable enough, so I decided to rewrite everything from scratch for 3.0. That version stayed in beta for a long time, with a lot of testing, to make the application as reliable as I could. That is why the version number goes from 2.0 straight to 3.5: it is the first release I am happy to call stable. The source code and the documentation on GitHub are fully up to date.
It reads your Traktor collection (collection.nml, Traktor Pro 3 and 4) and writes a USB key that CDJs read directly: playlists and folders, hot cues, loops, beatgrid, keys, waveforms and artwork. It also works the other way: it reads rekordbox XML, VirtualDJ, Serato, Mixxx and M3U collections and writes a Traktor NML you can import. That is the whole idea, a bridge between your programs and the players. It is not a DJ program, it does not mix, and it does not replace Traktor.
What is new in 3.5:
A built-in FAT32 formatter for USB and SD drives, a faster copy that skips what is already on the key, and safe ejection- SHA-256 verification of every copied file, and a check you can run again before a gig- Hot cue editing with the keys A-H, cues you can drag on the waveform, Undo and Redo- Constant-tempo beat grid detection, manual grid editing and a metronome- ID Tag editor, JSON projects, ZIP backups with a checksum file- Everything stays on your computer: no account, no upload, no telemetry
Which players I could test, and where I need you:
-The exports are validated on a CDJ-2000NXS2: loading, browsing, playback, waveforms, beatgrid, cues and artwork. I do not own an XDJ-700, an XDJ-1000, a CDJ-3000 or the other models, so I could not test them.
As far as I know they read the same rekordbox USB export format, so it should work.
If you try one, please tell me how it behaves. That feedback is what I am missing most. It writes that classic rekordbox 6 style export. It does not write OneLibrary. The CDJ-3000 HD waveforms are not included, and beat detection assumes a constant tempo. Test your key on your player before a gig, as with any export.
Windows 10 or 11, 64-bit, as an installer or a portable zip.
macOS and Linux run from source.
The installer is not signed, so Windows may show a warning.
It is free for noncommercial use and the source code is public.
It is an independent project, not affiliated with Native Instruments or AlphaTheta.
Website and guide:
https://www.traktorbridge.com
Download:
https://github.com/bsm3d/Traktor-Bridge/releases/latest
I would be glad to hear how it behaves with your collections and your players, especially with large Traktor libraries and with players other than the NXS2.
Bug reports are welcome on the GitHub issues page.
From Belgium with Love :)