Hey guys,
OK, I've got a question about the best approach to handling external polyphonic audio in Reaktor.
Here's what I'm doing: I am working on what's basically an effects processor for hexaphonic audio from guitar. It's all in Reaktor Core, aside from the panel controls.
Here's my question: Is there any particular recommended method for polyphonic external audio processing in core structures? It's just one structure, with one architecture; there's not separate or distinct processes for the respective audio channels. It's all just one thing.
Here's my understanding: I'm aware that building native polyphonic devices in Primary and Core simply involves adjusting the voice count in the respective modules. Or at least that's my understanding. However, it seems like there's an entirely different paradigm for polyphonic handling of external audio. I imagine that one overarching difference is that native Reaktor devices aren't really processing "audio" so to speak, so there are significant efficiencies which allow the user to just set the voice count and then move on. With external audio, on the other hand, it seems like you need to actually set up multiple instances of your structure and then run multiple, discrete channels of external inputs through those in order to achieve polyphonic processing.
Here's what would be helpful: I just want to check the assumptions above. Is the overall picture I've described correct, more or less? If not, what am I getting wrong? And if I'm on the right track – are there any ways to make polyphonic external audio processing more structurally and computationally efficient? Any tips or tricks, suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.
I'm sure this query reveals the deficiencies in my overall understanding of Reaktor, and I extend my gratitude in advance for your tolerance and patience. I also imagine I'm not the first person who has had this question.
Thank you!