If you run a 4-deck setup on a Kontrol S3, the SAMPLES button is dead weight — it only ever lights up if the other physical deck has a Remix Set loaded. I put together a small installer that repurposes it into a second, actually useful pad bank:
- Pad 1 / 2: freeform Loop In / Loop Out (any length, not locked to the beat grid)- Shift + 1 / 2: exit the active loop- Pad 5 / 6 / 7: key transpose down / up / reset
- Pads 3, 4, and 8 are still open — happy to hear ideas for what'd actually be useful there mid-set.
- Also included, since I was already in these files: a jogwheel-ring "spinning beat counter" (the ring chases around with the beat, or shows a loop indicator while looping) with a load animation, and an interactive deck-color picker so you're not stuck with Traktor's stock colors.
It's a PowerShell installer that patches a handful of Traktor's own QML controller-mapping files directly (not a TSI import) — it keeps backups of everything it touches and ships with an uninstaller. README has full details, a manual-patch walkthrough if you'd rather not run a script, and an honest note that the jogwheel-ring code predates this repo and I can't fully trace where I originally got it from.
GitHub: https://github.com/bjarnepw/S3-MOD
Windows only right now, needs admin rights to patch files under Program Files. Feedback and PRs welcome.