So no Native Access on M2 huh!

thobbihonest
thobbihonest Member Posts: 4 Member
edited August 2022 in Native Access

Anybody knows how to download native access on Mac M2? New to this game, so any information will help here really. Thank you!

Best Answer

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

according to the support page article...

Compatibility of NI Products with Apple Silicon M2 Processors

At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon M2 processors. The following information applies only to the compatibility of NI products with Apple Silicon M1 computers.

full article here...

Apple Silicon (M1 / M2) Compatibility News – Native Instruments (native-instruments.com)

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

There's no official support for M2 at the moment. Have you tried our latest version of Native Access?

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

Generally it might work on M2. It is not much different from M1. But there is no guarantie it will work well, or at all.

But for example Super 8, Guitar Rig 6 are not supported on Win7, but they run just fine. So, being supported and being able to run well are two distinc things...

• thobbihonest

That makes sense. Do you expect giving it a try will have some kind of irreversible problems to the M2? Or can the "damage" be reversed?

• Kubrak

I do not think it could do any harm to computer. If it does not work at all or not well, just uninstall it. I am not on Mac, but I would give it try.

M2 is concerning CPU very similar to M1. There are minor improvements on big cores and bigger improvements on small cores. Main difference between M1 and M2 is much stronger GPU and AI. And faster access to memory, I vaguely recollect.

Generally, it is CPU vise almost the same CPU like M1, just made on better, more optimised node (silicon process).

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 356 Pro
    edited August 2022

😂

This is really turning into comedy...

You guys shouldn't immediately buy new tech, and then hope that everything works on it. That's not how computer stuff works, even if Apple thinks that everyone will immediately comply to every move they make.

If you want a safe environment, which can run your software tomorrow, don't go with the newest tech... Especially true for the small market of specialized audio software. Or any other professional market, which doesn't sell billions of copies of software, to basically everyone out there.

• scheffkoch
    scheffkoch Member Posts: 1 Member

…new tech???…the m macs are on the market for 2,5 years…

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 356 Pro

This thread is about M2, not M1.

• Kubrak
    edited August 2022

M2 is new. NA runs on M1, M2 possibly yes, but no garantie, until tested....

And AS Macs are on market for less than 2 years, not 2.5.... You exagerate time by more than 25%.

• thobbihonest

I hear you. But I bought M2 as an investment for the next 5 years perspective. I will download M1 NI and find out if it's indeed compatible or not, and update the forum here.

• FUCHSEN
    FUCHSEN Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

So did you? Would love to read about your experience :)

• thobbihonest
  • jackeberle
    jackeberle Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited April 2023

Recently bought M2, Native Access works fine, downloaded all my vsts and they work fine in ableton. Just make sure you go into preferences and enable VST's under plugins and rescan.

• BleeHLH
    BleeHLH Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I just bought an M2 today and Native Access is not installing. I'm upgrading to Ventura 13.3.1 now.

• Erin Sierra
    Erin Sierra Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
    edited June 2023

I have a new MacBook Pro M2 and can't download Native Access. Can you tell me step-by-step where preferences and allow vsts - or anything else that would be helpful? Thanks so much.