Traktor DJ 2 + Kontrol Z1 + iPad Pro 2020 11" not compatible ?

Options
2»

Answers

• Jensen
    Jensen Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

What's the product # or ID of the "older batch" - I'm in the process of returning my new unit and trying to find an "old batch"

I bought the Z1 exclusively for iPad use based on the Native Instruments promo video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1MaQ1D7Rvc

Couldn't believe when I unboxed it and it was a totally different product!

• Digital_Fist
    Digital_Fist Member Posts: 21 Member
    Options

I'm also interested in this. My friend has been using a 10 year old iPad Air and a Z1 with a pair of Minirigs very successfully for a mobile setup for about a year, but from what I'm reading that isn't supposed to work anymore and I can't see any alternative solution suggested. Dragging my S2 out into a forest would kind of defeat the object of going hard on the portability.

• Digital_Fist
    Digital_Fist Member Posts: 21 Member
    Options

This is only 3 years old. It can't be out of date already?

• tomislav
    tomislav Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
    Options

any recommendation on the windows based tablet we can use with the Z1? i bought my Z1 this year so i suppose i can't use it with ipad. i prefer to buy some second hand windows tablet up to 300 euro / usd

• MikeKelly
    MikeKelly Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

I don’t understand this either - was this a conscious design decision or something that has happened inadvertently? Why dumb down your design and effectively remove yourself from a very real world requirement? Weird. I have a new Z1 and despite buying all manner of cabling to interface the z1 to my iPad it has refused to work. Works fine with the old MacBook Pro on USB-C but dies after all LEDs light up for a split second.