.exe files lost and Native Access won't install them

TheProf
TheProf Member Posts: 19 Member
edited July 2022 in Native Access

I'm trying to finish recovering from going "Demo". All listings in Native Access are "Full Version" but 9 apps .exe files will not download on reinstall. All these entries: Absynth 5, FM8, Guitar Rig Pro, Kontakt 5, Kontakt 6 Player, Massive and Reaktor 5, have a blank page in "Preferences> Installation Path" in Native Access. All but Kontakt (6) are part of Komplete 8 suite. All libraries fully installed. I'm so close to getting it all back. Any suggestions to finish the install on these items? Thanks - TheProf

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,318 mod
  • TheProf

Hi Again, Jeremy -

I have no .exe files for any of the listed programs existing on my PC. My laptop has them all, but that's a fully functioning Native Instruments hierarchy. My Tower PC is the one with this issue. On the Laptop, all these .exe files are neatly placed in folders where NI suggests: C:\Program Files\Native Instruments. On my tower PC, Native Access has me reinstalling to no avail where the .exe files are concerned. Usually I would see a shortcut produced on my desktop upon successful install of, for example, Kontakt 5 or Kontakt. The installs finish, a popup comes on the screen telling me always, "Kontakt 6 has been successfully installed". Again, no path listed in "Preferences>Installation Path" for any of these players. I need you to please address that problem. It's not normal. Thanks once more for your help. TheProf

• Sunborn
    Sunborn Member Posts: 2,241 Expert

These are not important, you can totally ignore the "Preferences>Installation Path" (If needed, you can do it later through your registry) and i am pretty sure that your *.exe files are already in their folders (just go there manually and check... or check your start screen, every installed program leaves a shortcut there).

If i'm mistaken and there are no *exe files indeed, then simply copy them from your laptop to whatever appropriate folders has your new structure!

Finally, if registry trick is needed, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments\ check the folder names you want to fix (aka, for Absynth go to Absynth folder, etc.), then (on each needed folder) choose the value "InstallDir", double-click it and use your own folder paths.

Note: It is not 100% guarantee that the final part (the registry trick) will work (though it should), thus it's a good idea to export and back-up the original values 😉

• TheProf

Thanks, Sunborn -

Yes, tragically there are no .exe files. There also are no installers in registry, in any of my lost players' entries there. I'm re-installing from original DVD's now, (Players only), pretty much giving up on Native Access and now Native Access 2, which will not install. Still running into "cannot create folder" error, but now know how to beat that. Thanks so much for tips! TheProf

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,318 mod
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

Hey @TheProf Are you still experiencing issues with Native Access 1 or 2? The best would be to contact our support agents here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_install