Absynth 5 factory content question

chris.r
chris.r Member Posts: 3 Member

Hi, in order to save the very limited space left on my tiny system SSD, I installed Absynth 5 to an external disk:

'D:\Native Instruments\Absynth 5\'

the installer put the Absynth 5 standalone there but all the taking space factory content on my system SSD:

'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Absynth 5\'

I manually moved the 3 folders, 'Libraries', 'Samples' and 'Sounds', from Common Files' Absynth folder to my external disk 'D' Absynth folder

Now, how am I supposed to set up Absynth to see the factory content from it's new location?

In the options I see three empty Samples Directories path spaces,

Template Libraries Directory is set to 'C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Native Instruments\Absynth 5\Libraries', should I leave it like that or update to the new location (I don't know whether it's referring to factory content or user content)?

On the browser tab, for Directories there's one path set:

'C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Native Instruments\Absynth 5\Sound~'

again, no idea it's referring to user content or should I update this to the new location?

Any help appreciated! Thanks,

Chris

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

I could not find any info on changing the location within Absynth, so I went to the registry and there is a ContentDir Key within this registry location...

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments\Absynth 5

I moved the folders manually and change the "ContentDir" location to the new one and it found the presets. Totally not sure that this is the official way and of course one takes risks messing with the registry, so proceed at your own risk...

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

I could not find any info on changing the location within Absynth, so I went to the registry and there is a ContentDir Key within this registry location...

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments\Absynth 5

I moved the folders manually and change the "ContentDir" location to the new one and it found the presets. Totally not sure that this is the official way and of course one takes risks messing with the registry, so proceed at your own risk...