User Library glitch wont let me select my folders + mixes up content within folders

Options
maschineuser
maschineuser Member Posts: 3 Member
edited June 2022 in Maschine

Been having a few serious issues with my User Library in Maschine since I first got my new MK3 on a new computer.

I have various folders in an SSD containing Drum Kits, Breaks, SFX, Samples, etc in their own separate folders.

First problem is, Maschine will not let me select certain folders on the hardware.

What happens is, I will scroll to the desired folder, and once it's highlighted, the cursor will shoot straight to the top of the list. (See video in .zip file attached)

I've also noticed that folders were duplicated in the software & hardware, and that contents of the folders were mixed up with one another.

For example, my SFX folder contains the contents from my Drum Kits folder. My Samples folder will contain the contents that are supposed to be in my SFX folder, and so on. Also a lot of WAVs in my User Library are just plain missing.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated. I miss making music with ease on Maschine like old times. Never had this issue on my old computer

Tagged:

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,583 admin
    Options

@maschineuser Sounds like something's gone wrong during the reinstallation process. Can you get back to us with more info how you reinstalled all the content on your new system? More info about your operating system would be great as well.

• Bobby L'Avenir
    Bobby L'Avenir Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Did you manage to fix this as i get the same issue?

• Nephanis
    Nephanis Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Hi there,

I have exactly the same problem since the latest update of all my software from NI Acess (KONTAKT, MASCHINE...).

Some folders can't be selected (the selector jumps to another one) and when I'm on one user library folder, it shows the content of another one.

Can somebody help ? I'm a bit lost !

• Nephanis
    Nephanis Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Someone ? Help ? 😲

• ptkwsky
    ptkwsky Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited September 2023
    Options

Also having this exact problem, is there any fix for this?

@Kaiwan_NI

• maschineuser
    Options

In my case, it seems like most of my User Library one-shots somehow were labeled as "Maschine" as a vendor.

Don't know how this ever happened.

This seems to have fixed the issue for me.

Go to your User Library on the Maschine software on your PC. For me, it was my one-shots.

Select all of your files with Maschine labeled as the Vendor in your User Library (you can filter the results in the browser)

[[Using Ctrl+A to select all didnt work for me, so just hold SHIFT, click the first one-shot on the list, then click the last one-shot on the list]]

Click the EDIT button on the bottom right of your browser. (See photo)

Change the Vendor from "Maschine" to " " (just press the space bar)

Then hit APPLY. (should be next to the EDIT button you pressed)

It will change all the files that were wrongfully labeled as Maschine under the "Vendor" section. Just give it a while.

Now this strange glitch shouldn't happen to you (Hopefully.)

Over a year since I posted this, and I solved the issue completely at random.

Hoping this helps you all if you see this post again.

• maschineuser
    Options

Randomly fixed this issue for me by doing this

(See photo)

In your User Library on your PC,

Filter your search by Vendor, I saw most of my files were somehow wrongfully labeled as "Native Instruments" as the vendor.

Hold Shift and select all the files

Click EDIT on the bottom of the browser and change the vendor from "Native Instruments" to " " (just press the space bar) Then click APPLY.

Give it a while to fix the wrongfully labeled filed

And this is what fixed it for me.

Hope this helps. Wrote a much more in depth solution and the draft was lost.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,354 Expert
    Options

Oh, I missed this…

I have exactly the same problem, but on my M+… ever since recently using the new approach to add user library introduced with the 1.4 update (I think). Reverting back to just place Samples in User Content didn’t help. Browser doesn’t propose apply vendor info and skips some folders.