Tips: How to solve MIDI dropouts in Maschine when using hardware MIDI devices.

Options
2»

Comments

• Tobias Berka
    Tobias Berka Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Same problem on Windows 10, Maschine 2. I added the registry entry but the problem persists across all MIDI output ports with one exception: Maschine Studio, Steinberg Yamaha UR22mkII, and Behringer RD-8's USB MIDI interface do not work, but the Behringer RD-6 USB MIDI interface remains usable.

Hope this hint helps you fix this show stopper at last...

• Tobias Berka
    Tobias Berka Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

As a work-around, deactivating all MIDI outs except one single active out has worked for me. Not a real solution, but you can at least use ine external device or a daisy chain of MIDI THRUs.

This bug definitely requires more than one active MIDI output to reproduce, in case that was an issue.

• BØVERDAL
    BØVERDAL Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

So.. I'm no computer guy, so I don't understand what this reg file is, but I do have the problem with midi drop outs.

I have one synth connected via USB and one with 5pin midi from the maschine hardware. Both drops out.

When I have these reg files, should I disable or enable? Do I need to store these files in a specific folder? Does this affect other programs?

Thanks

• tribepop
    tribepop Member Posts: 160 Advisor
    Options

I’m getting this issue on Windows 10 with Maschine MK3 as the audio interface. I’ve tried the registry hack and it definitely doesn’t work. I’ll try disabling the other midi outputs on the MK3 and see if that resolves the issue. I’m also gonna try it on my M+ in standalone to see if it’s more of an issue with Maschine internally and not because of the OS.

I’ve been a loyal NI customer for years but it’s stuff like this that makes me wanna jump ship and never look back. Also the fact that Maschine software doesn’t support aftertouch but the controller does when in midi mode is totally inexcusable in 2023.

• A C
    A C Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Just started getting this exact same issue , halfway into a song it drops . tried the reg edit file and the problem still persists

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@A C If that didn't help, then please contact my colleagues here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_maschine