Tips: What to do if Maschine Plus is stuck on startup screen

Options

Comments

• Iwestie1973
    Iwestie1973 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

@Jeremy_NI - I contacted support 5 days ago and have not yet had a response. Awful service

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,797 mod
    Options

@iwadon Please understand that we went through a sales special and we have a lot of request to process at the moment. Sorry for the bad experience. I couldn't find any request from you, do you have a request number I could check?

• zachd93
    zachd93 Member Posts: 8 Newcomer
    Options

My Maschine+ won't even boot up at this point. It tries to boot for about 3 seconds and then just turns off. Any ideas?

• Ivar92
    Ivar92 Member Posts: 10 Newcomer
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hi. Yesterday I bought maschine + and it does not load further than the start screen. I tried to fix the file .nut that was posted here, but it didn't help. It's very unpleasant when you buy expensive equipment, but you can't use it. I wrote in support, but there is no answer.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Ivar92 Sorry you are experiencing this issue. My colleagues will get back to you as soon as possible.

• bitfader
    bitfader Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Same issue here. Was working fine until the most recent update. I can run ALL major DAWs and over 2000 other plugins by other developers without any issue. The GUI crashes and says BAD KERNEL. I have spent the last week doing every removal and reset tips to no avail. Your company needs to allow us the ability to keep the version that works best for our system as every computer is unique.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@bitfader There must be some kind of confusion, this thread is about Maschine Plus, that doesn't require a computer. I'd recommend to make a new thread that corresponds to your issue with as many details as possible so people can help you out, like operating system, version used before, etc....

• Ciutdlla
    Ciutdlla Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Hi, same issue here. I did the restore with the provided boot file but now I lost all my projects and user favorites. I can see them on the sd card when mounted into the computer but it's not visible on the maschine. Any advice?

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,307 Expert
    Options

More than an advice, a workaround before you lose all your projects: if you see them in the SD, copy and open them in Maschine software on computer (in order to reimport them on M+ later).

In the meanwhile you search for a solution, at least you’ll have a security backup of them in the computer

• Ciutdlla
    Ciutdlla Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Thanks, Good advice. I also lost all my favourites. Do someone knows where is the fav data stored? I still have the banks but they are not filtered anymore

• Lance Young
    Lance Young Member Posts: 14 Member
    Options

I am experiencing a similar problem. The brand new Maschine Plus will boot in standalone mode, but does NOT BOOT in controller mode. Tried everything.

Please let me know if there is something I might have not thought of to correct this problem. NI support is slow. They asked me for a Support Tool Export 4 days ago and I have heard nothing since.

Thanks!!!

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,307 Expert
    Options

There are 2 ways to put M+ in controller mode:

you can simply plug it with USB cable to the computer WITHOUT plugging the power brick (very important) and then turn it on

or

if it’s plugged to the outlet, turn it on WITHOUT the USB cable plugged to the computer, once it is on connect it and go to SETTINGS, SYSTEM and push button 4 (CONTROLLER).

Have you tried both?

• Lance Young
    Lance Young Member Posts: 14 Member
    Options

I know both those protocols. Neither works. Just FYI

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Lance Young I've highered priority on your case, someone should get back to you as soon as possible.

This discussion has been closed.