Why am I getting clipping in most of Lores presets?

Options
2»

Answers

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,747 mod
    edited July 2023
    Options

Or do you mean more that it is glitching? That could be a result of not having enough RAM. I think this is one of NI's biggest libraries in terms of memory usage

• retro
    retro Member Posts: 19 Member
    Options

Yes, tried that. Does it just the same on low levels.

• Kymeia
    Options

Ok so this is maybe not so much clipping as glitching?

• Kymeia
    Options

How about other hosts? I guess Kontakt standalone maybe doing a better job of managing its RAM requirements than it does when it is the DAW handling that (and also the DAW adds an overhead of its own). Could you try a DAW like Reaper that is more efficient for comparison?

• retro
    retro Member Posts: 19 Member
    Options

16gb Ram - 2.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 Macbook Pro. All up to date with Logic version and NI updates. Has always handled everything I've thrown at it.

• bigboss223a
    bigboss223a Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Thank you for your help. The same clipping problem happens in Kontakt standalone and in Kontakt Kontrol. I enabled Full Disk Access as you suggested but no change in the clipping. The Lores library is installed on an external hard drive in ExFAT format.

• Kymeia
    edited July 2023
    Options

ExFAT format is not recommended so that may be an issue - again though is this clipping, which is generally about audio signals being too ‘hot’ and distorting, or more some sort of glitching, which could be due to a number of things, memory being one?

• bigboss223a
    bigboss223a Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Thank you for your help. truecaller mod apk

• prider
    prider Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited July 2023
    Options

Clipping in Lores presets could be caused by various factors, such as input signal levels, preset settings, or the overall volume of the audio. To address this issue, try adjusting the input levels, reducing the volume, or modifying the preset settings to prevent clipping and ensure a cleaner output. Experimenting with different configurations ccut pros and cons should help you find the optimal settings that avoid clipping while maintaining the desired audio quality.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@bigboss223a As @Kymeia said, ExFat formatted drives can cause a lot of performance issues, we advise to reformat your external drive to APFS: Notes on Hard Drive Formats on Mac Computers

• digicake
    digicake Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Also having this CPU peaking problem with LORES (and nothing else) - presets are basically unplayable. I'm on the latest Mac OS on a Mac Studio M2 Ultra with 128GB of RAM - all drives are either APFS or MacOS Journaled. So it's not CPU performance or drive speed/formatting - and it's definitely not audio levels. What else could it be?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@digicake Is Lores installed on the MacOs journaled or the APFS drive? Do your DAW and Kontakt both have full disk access?

• robinkeen
    robinkeen Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

I'm experiencing high CPU usage specifically when using LORES, and it's making presets practically unusable. My system runs on the latest macOS, and I'm using a Mac Studio M2 Ultra with 128GB of RAM. All my drives are either in APFS or MacOS Journaled format. So, it's unlikely to be a CPU performance issue, drive speed or formatting problem, and it's definitely not related to audio levels. What other factors might be causing this?

• Kymeia
    Options

What size audio buffer do you have? Try increasing it

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,790 Expert
    Options

I do not know about Mac, but on Win may help to switch off efficiency CPU cores..... If OS allocates Lores to e-core it may perform glitches...

Maybe that Mac OS does it better than Win, but still it is worht trying. Big-little is pretty new concept to computers and IMHO it will take years it will work flawlessly, if ever....