Help us improve this new community - share your ideas and feedback💡

Comments

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,110 admin
    edited January 2022

This is not possible with this editor. We do have the option to use something more like WYSIWYG with offers a bit more flexibility with quoting. We're discussing this with the mods and I'll get back to you.

It looks kinda like the old one

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 430 Pro

Yeah, I think more focused quotes help the conversation

• KoaN
    KoaN Member Posts: 104 Advisor

Would be nice to have a dark/grey theme available in the options,i am used to work in low light environment and with that much bright white it can be difficult on the eyes.

• Matt_NI
    edited January 2022

We're checking this out already but there's some browser extension in the meantime if you prefer. We've tried and it seems to work quite well :) I know @EvilDragon is using one.

• wayfinder
    wayfinder Member Posts: 359 Guru

Maybe it's just me (others: what do you think?), but I find the order of Vote Down before Vote Up under posts to be a little unintuitive. I would expect it to be the other way around, Vote Up first

• Matt_NI

You're right this is weird - let me see if I can edit that order somehow

• wayfinder

What determines whether a thread title is bold in the Home or Discussion section? I thought it was whether there were unread posts, but then this very thread was bolded even after I definitely looked at every single post in it and now I'm a little confused ;)

• Matt_NI
    edited January 2022

It should only be bold when unread. Perhaps something going wrong? I'll give it a go.

For some reason the vote down is before vote up by default and there is no re-ordering option. To be honest, we might remove vote down as a whole so let me get back to you on this one.

• Matt_NI
    edited January 2022

Everyone!

We're going to try another editor now which is closer to what you're used to with the old forum.

Please give it a go and let us know what you think 🙏

• Jackpot Slot Machine
    Jackpot Slot Machine Member Posts: 18 Helper
    edited January 2022

Please split PC and Mac Traktor users into different groups.

I run the big facebook group for traktor and every time Apple updates something my group is flooded with the same issues, the PC problems get swallowed up and lost.

I get you want to simplify, but as this forums grows again, i'm sure it will get confusing and frustrating if you don't bring back sub-forums.

Thanks

Mark

• Matt_NI
    wayfinder said:

What determines whether a thread title is bold in the Home or Discussion section? I thought it was whether there were unread posts, but then this very thread was bolded even after I definitely looked at every single post in it and now I'm a little confused ;)

I can confirm it's not super consistent and stable - we're looking into it right now
  • wayfinder
    Matt @ NI said:

Everyone!

We're going to try another editor now which is closer to what you're used to with the old forum.

Please give it a go and let us know what you think 🙏

Font looks a little weird in Windows 10, different from the font in the posts.

Pasting an image into the message doesn't seem to work right—it very briefly flashes in place, but immediately disappears again.

When I just tried to post something, it just... didn't? I think it might have been because you had just posted something to the thread between my last reload of the thread and me clicking on the post comment button?
  • Matt_NI
    @wayfinder We just swapped a few things so it could just have been momentary (especially the new editor). Let me know if you still have some issues.

For the font, can you send me a screenshot via PM so I can pass it along? 
  • alec.tron
    alec.tron Member Posts: 72 Pro
    edited January 2022
    Hi to the new community.
    One thing I noticed on fiorst browsing:
    The voting methodology on feature requests, like:
    Seems odd...
    i.e., it seems to use the Vote Up/Down feature from the main forum by the looks, where it might make sense, but obscures who voted and how on the feature request above, opposed to the main forum where up/down votes are fully transparent.
    This also raises the questions - should it be possible to downvote feature requests ?! (many communities have tried this, and many got rid of it very quickly, as it is a point of negativity & friction within a tech product community if transparent - and if [the results are] consciously obscured as in the above, it is counterproductive to what is meant to be counted - i.e. the positive support for a technical feature and corwd sourced negatives are often thrown in with very different motivations and technical understandings ).
    What instead would be great is an indicator from the NI officials as to how much work/likely/unlikely something is when it has collected a number of votes... to interact with the community and transparent about what to expect... but, since NI doesn't like to share its' roadmap (opposed to other more transparent tech companies like eg epic/unreal
    and for the store: 
    https://trello.com/b/GXLc34hk/epic-games-store-roadmap), this is probably wishful thinking...
    my 0.02centimes.
    c.
  • Matt_NI
    alec.tron said:

The voting methodology on feature requests, like:
    Seems odd...
    i.e., it seems to use the Vote Up/Down feature from the main forum by the looks, where it might make sense, but obscures who voted and how on the feature request above, opposed to the main forum where up/down votes are fully transparent.
    This also raises the questions - should it be possible to downvote feature requests ?! (many communities have tried this, and many got rid of it very quickly, as it is a point of negativity & friction within a tech product community if transparent - and if [the results are] consciously obscured as in the above, it is counterproductive to what is meant to be counted - i.e. the positive support for a technical feature and corwd sourced negatives are often thrown in with very different motivations and technical understandings ).

Hey Alex, thanks for joining! 

Couple of things to clarify here - the feature request section for Traktor Pro Beta is not open so what you see if just a snapshot to give you an idea. The mechanisms will be shared when the first beta is available. Vote up and down are two separate modules on the forum and the feature requests / bug section. We actually remove the vote up and down across the community now as it seems to create confusion. 

Regarding status update, it's part of the mechanism of the feature request section. Each post has a status attached to it and can be triggered whenever necessary. We'll share more about all this soon. 
This discussion has been closed.