Help us improve this new community - share your ideas and feedback💡

Comments

• Reefius
    Reefius Member Posts: 251 Pro

What exactly is the difference between 'Insightful' and 'Vote Up'?

It would indeed be a good idea to remove the 'Vote Down' option.

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

@Reefius Insightful would mean you highlight the comment as informative and useful for the community. Vote up would simply mean that you agree with the user or you want his reply to stand-out in the discussion.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod

I was not offended my friend it's all good, don't worry. I only asked to understand if it can be a big issue or not. Im used to sig's in forums but it has to go away for practical reasons It's not really a big deal, whatever works best is fine with me. 👍

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    edited January 2022

Another bothersome one, selecting a sub-category under a main category, for example Komplete --> Kontakt takes you to the Kontakt Board. the breadcrumbs at the top left do not allow you to go back to the main category, only to the Home Page where you need to select the Main category again to view the Sub-Categories.

What the breadcrumbs look like when in Kontakt Forum:

What they should look like for ease of Navigation.

Also, there is no Battery Sub-Category (Forum) under the Komplete Category...

• IQMusic
    IQMusic Member Posts: 92 Helper
    edited January 2022

Hello, originally joined the old forum, can this be reflected on my profile please ?

• Reefius
    Reefius Member Posts: 251 Pro

What will happen to the old Maschine subforums like:

• Music made with Maschine
    • iMaschine
    • Feature requests

I don't see any Maschine subforums here, so I'm guessing these categories will be reduced to a single thread each. Not sure if that's a good idea, especially for feature requests.

• wayfinder
    wayfinder Member Posts: 364 Guru

It would be good if the posts in the Discussions list contained the full breadcrumbs to the forum in which they're posted, not just the name of the subforum. Some of the forum names are not fully self-explanatory, and it would be nice to know whether a post in "Feature Suggestions" is going to be about Maschine or Traktor, for example.

• wayfinder

What's a good method to keep track of threads to which you have contributed? Is it necessary to bookmark them by hand? In the old forums, there'd be a little icon with my profile picture on threads in which I posted, I don't think that's the case here, right?

• wayfinder
    edited January 2022

(Please excuse me making these separate posts, but that's because I wanted to see whether this would show up in my notifications after I checked the box in my Notification Preferences. [edit: it didn't :( ])

I'm in two minds about how clicking on a thread title always takes you to the last read post. Sometimes the information I want is in the OP, and that might be a nice option to have. Like, in the "Comments" section in the user profile, there could be separate links to the post (not currently available [edit: whoops! you can click the time stamp to get there!]), the OP (not currently available, would expect to go there from clicking the thread title), the last read post in the thread (current target when clicking the thread title).

• wayfinder

Why is the edit function for posts hidden in a burger menu when it's the only option in there? might as well make it a link that says what it does...

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,114 admin

Good catch! The breadcrumbs are a known issue and we're working it :)

The Komplete categorisation might change a little bit and you are right it's missing Battery 4 as a main product. We're looking into moving things around quite soon.

• Matt_NI

Please DM one of our admins and we'll take care of that.

• Matt_NI

Feature requests do not live on this platform quite yet and that's true for pretty much every product. The Traktor Beta version is testing a new approach with upvotes but we're generally trying to understand how we should do it across our portfolio. Thinking about the strategy is a priority and hopefully we can share more soon.

For now, discussions can live under Maschine with the right product or context tagged.

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 430 Pro

Hi

I have not yet understood how to set it up so that a thread I post in ends up in "my discussions". Right now, it's not happening automatically and as this forum's concept is to have people contribute to all kinds of topics I have a hard time finding that thread I posted in again....

• Matt_NI

That's because there is a lot more options for different roles. Unfortunately, this isn't something we'll be able to change.

This discussion has been closed.