Windows 11 Bug? - NI Instruments new installations fail

Mango
Mango Member Posts: 3 Member
edited June 2022 in Native Access

When using Native Access in Windows 11 to install new instruments, the iso files autodownload, iso is auto mounted, user must click the install file to initiate installation, installation begins, then the iso file unmounts abruptly before the installation is complete, the installation gives an error message and the iso file is already auto deleted.

Does NI support have any advice on this or can they duplicate the issue with fresh installs of NI (not migrated from win10)

Best Answer

• Mango
    Answer ✓

This post can be deleted. Resolved. User error.

I didn’t realize that even though the mounted ISO file opens a windows explorer window, it was installing the files in the background. When I ran the exe file, I was actually running a 2nd installation that was competing against the automated hidden installation.Cheers

Answers

• Mango
    Answer ✓

This post can be deleted. Resolved. User error.

I didn’t realize that even though the mounted ISO file opens a windows explorer window, it was installing the files in the background. When I ran the exe file, I was actually running a 2nd installation that was competing against the automated hidden installation.Cheers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod

Hello,

i guess na starts as admin, as it's normally does? Have you tried to disable windows virus and thread protection temporarily?