Upgrade to MK3? Or MK4…..

Mike Maschine
Mike Maschine Member Posts: 5 Member

For those considering upgrading from Maschine models that won't support version 3.0, it would be helpful if Native Instruments could clarify whether they plan to release a MK4 in the near future. I’m open to upgrading from my Maschine MK2, but I’d prefer to avoid buying the MK3 now only to find out a MK4 is about to be released.

Comments

• Funkybunch
    Funkybunch Member Posts: 7 Member

In my opinion the MK3 has everything a controller needs except of a USB-C connection and real push encoders. The big lag is in the maschine-software and some navigation issues for software synths but i think that could realized with a firmware update (if NI would release it!)

It's frustrating if you buy something and shortly it isn't up to date. On the other hand you'll waiting your whole life for newer gear, but haven't completed your album 😉

And let's be honest. A machine controller is not very expensive in relation to many other things.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 3,252 mod

@Funkybunch Im curious, what do you mean by "real push encoders" ?

• Funkybunch
    Funkybunch Member Posts: 7 Member

@D-One if you had push encoders (such as the MIDI Fighter Twister), you could assign the encoders twice or have the option for a push button while currently you have to dial the encoder for switching on/off some parameters. Or the push function could be used as coarse parameter-settings (like the elektron machines) so by holding the shift button there could be an alternative function.

There are many features that I miss in the machine mk3, but I believe that almost everything could be implemented via a firmware update.

• olafmol
    olafmol Member Posts: 197 Pro

I still hope someday the Bitwig team implements the ultimate MK3 integration ;)

• Matthew_NI
    Matthew_NI Product Team Posts: 1,285 mod

There are no plans for Maschine MK4 hardware anytime soon - if that helps.