Kontakt 8 not working on Macbook Pro M3/Sequoa

JWS
JWS Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

I've just bought the full Kontakt 8 and I cannot get it to work. I've analysed the crash report and the crash likely happened due to an error while scanning or creating directories in the filesystem, possibly related to product installation or configuration. I have given Kontakt and all my NI products full disk access. Others have it working on sequoa so any suggestions other than it's not supported would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• JWS

Key details from the crash:

1. Reason for Termination:
      • The application called abort(), signaling a forced termination likely due to an unhandled exception during execution.
    2. Crashing Thread:
      • Thread 5 (labeled ProductScan) crashed during a product scanning operation. The crash occurred when the thread encountered a critical error while calling boost::filesystem::detail::create_directories as part of a product installation or scanning process.
    3. Main Cause:
      • The crash seems to be related to file system operations, possibly failing during directory creation for product installations or scans.
    4. Other Threads:
      • Several other threads were active but none encountered issues significant enough to trigger a crash. Many of them were simply waiting (pthread_cond_wait), meaning they weren't directly involved in the crash.
    5. Abort Trigger:
      • The process raised an abort in libc++abi.dylib, which manages C++ exceptions, suggesting that the issue might involve an uncaught C++ exception, possibly related to file handling or disk access.

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 2,044 Expert

No NI products are currently supported under Sequoia. This could be the reason for the issues you are seeing.

VP

• JWS

clearly didn't read the comment - Others have it working on sequoa so any suggestions other than it's not supported would be greatly appreciated.