Constant Native Access Install Failures

JonahWestfall
JonahWestfall Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I'm trying to update some of my libraries, and it's giving me an error to give NTKDaemon full disk access. I've given it full disk access and restarted the system multiple times, still getting the same error message upon install.

Even though it's saying things are downloaded, when I try opening them in komplete kontrol, the library cannot be found. I'm only able to open third party VST's, nothing manufactured or sold by Native Instruments.

Answers

• dreikelvin
    dreikelvin Member Posts: 24 Member
    edited October 15

I have a similar issue with new KONTAKT libraries from the KOMPLETE 15 collection. It downloads everything, then installs and the job disappears from the queue inside the Native Access app. But the library is nowhere to be found. Turns out, it failed installing! Only I get no message or anything. Full Disk Access is granted and some libraries, for example the KITHARA install fine.

What helps (but it requires a bit of timing) is to keep an eye on your downloads folder while the queue job hits 100% of the download. Then quickly go into your downloads folder and make a copy of the downloaded ISO using CTRL-C / CTRL-V on your keyboard. Let the install fail and then mount the ISO file and launch the installer manually.

Watch out for the install path though. I install most of my libraries on an external drive. And even though I chose the root directory of my drive, it still installed the library under /users/shared/… - so you have to search for your library again and manually move it, then repair the path in the Native Access app. ……. this is only one of the many chaotic things that I have discovered with Komplete 15. I am hoping they fix these things within the next few weeks…or it could be months…