Traktor Kontrol X1

KliRumba
KliRumba Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I acquired one of those controllers at a thrift store near me under the impression it would be a plug and play item. I do not have the cd with the software needed to get it to function properly and I find the price to buy it directly from NI is rather high for my budget. I think that having a piece of the equipment would entitle you to purchase the replacement software at a reasonable price, considering the person who originally purchased the product did indeed pay for the whole package, Kontrol and Software. I ask the store I got it from after I realized the equipment will not work without the software and was told they are a charitable store who gets their items from donations brought to the store by patronizing citizen from the region and the cd probably got mix-up with music cd,s or game cd,s and sold to another unsuspected patron and I could not return the unit because all sells are final sales and there is not return or refund. I am looking for advice as to how to proceed under the circumstances and see if I could get the Kontrol to work. I am a retired individual who enjoys playing and mixing music for my own enjoyment. I will love to get in touch with some one from Native Instruments and get some help or be totally denied the option to use the piece of equipment. The problem is there is no link to get in touch with customer services at their Office in California, other than their physical address and I rather prefer using the telephone or the digital contact.

Thank you very much for your advise and attention to this post

Best Answer

• KliRumba
    Answer ✓

Thank you very much for your advise. I would follow it and hopefully get and answer to my quest. All the best to you.

Answers

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 3,395 Expert

I have seen NI give out license again to second hand owners, but I have also seen them not do it. The policy might have changed. I think sometimes they contact the previous owner.

If they can't help you, the x1 might work with Mixxx, which is free and open source.

• maniacintosh81
    maniacintosh81 Member Posts: 563 Guru

Which X1? Mk1, Mk2 or Mk3? Not sure of Mk1 but at least Kontrol X1 Mk2 wasn‘t delivered with a licence for Traktor Pro. Only with a voucher to get it with 50€ off. I think it was similar with Mk1.

From Mk3 a licence was included.

• KliRumba
    Answer ✓

Thank you very much for your advise. I would follow it and hopefully get and answer to my quest. All the best to you.