NI libraries installation on second computer

sergey rubalsky
sergey rubalsky Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I need to install most of NI libraries on my second computer when I'm out from my studio. Is it possible not to download NI libraries via Native Access but just connect external SSD with same libraries to my second computer (notebook)?

Best Answers

Answers

• Jojo123
    Jojo123 Member Posts: 334 Pro
    edited October 14 Answer ✓

Hello, welcome to the forums.

Assuming you're using the same platform (Apple or MS) yes its possible. What you have to do though is install the main programmes on your 2nd computer, such as Kontakt, Reactor, Massive, KompleteKontrol etc. Also some of their content/libraries are installed on internal drive, but these are minimal. You would also probably need to make sure the versions are all the same on both computers. Of course this would all be done through NA.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,405 Expert
    edited October 14 Answer ✓

Yes, in Native Access you have the locate/relocate functions (for libraries) that will let you point at the directory where the Library is

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/214349305-Reinstalling-a-Komplete-Bundle-Without-Re-Downloading-Kontakt-Libraries

• Edenorchestra
    Edenorchestra Member Posts: 25 Member

So I have all my libraries on external SSD's. I looked at NA and the eclipse (3dot) button has no Locate choice as per the support document listed. I have Reinstall, Release notes, Installation paths (I assume that's it), and uninstall. Can't this be accomplished via Preferences/File Management/Content Location? I want to install NI on a second MacBook and want to avoid the dreaded downloads. Watched the video by Matnetik, to copy preferences (Root and local) to the second computer. I was not clear on how to handle all the VST files in /Library/Audio/Plug-ins/VST3 . . Components . . etc. Do I do all the file copying and then use NA to install the non-Library content?

Thanks all . . .