Komplete Kontrol - Arturia VST2 and VST3 installed but loading from NKS gives compatability error

alexjustdoit
alexjustdoit Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

Hi, did some searching but the guidance given in other threads is usually that the VST3 versions of the plugins needs to be installed, but in my case I do have the VST3 (and VST2) versions installed, and I can load the plugins both directly into Ableton as well as KK (if I use the buttons at the top to select the plugin rather than via browse), but specifically when loading from an NKS preset or selecting the plugin from the browser it gives me a compatibility error saying it might not support Apple Silicon or VST2 → VST3 conversion. I tried removing the VST2 folder to see if it would force it to load the VST3 but it still gives the same error.

What is the cause of this? Are the Arturia NKS files out of date?

Alternatively, it doesn't seem like I can remove certain plugins and their presets from the KK browser without removing the plugin entirely (or without moving them to a non default folder which would mean I'd have to tell Ableton to look for plugins in one folder and KK to look in another, which is just messy).

If I can't fix the NKS issue, I'd like to at least hide the problematic plugins from the KK browser so that I'm not previewing presets I can't load (and I'll just use those plugins straight from my DAW without KK).

Comments

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,628 mod

You need to make sure you are not in Rosetta mode, then do a complete rescan of plugins in the standalone KK and plugin version afterwards