Start Maschine plus always in controller mode

walerandei
walerandei Member Posts: 11 Member

Hi everyone!
¿Is there a way to start (turn on), the Maschine plus always in controller mode?

Every time I turn on Maschine plus it starts as stand-alone mode, and I have to go to settings and restart Maschine in controller mode. So, usually I use Maschine with my computer as a controller so I would love if there's a way to always start Maschine as it would be an mk3 controller. ¿Is it posible?

¿Or do I always have to change it to controller mode, everytime I turn it on?

Thanks in advance. ;)

Tagged:

Comments

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 3,252 mod

AFAIK No.

What I do is remove the power brick from the wall, if the M+ is only powered via USB then it always boots in Controller Mode, then when I need standalone I plug in the power brick to the wall.

• Daniel jay
    Daniel jay Member Posts: 28 Member

hi, I found this article. I think it explains what you want. If you dont want to read, just power on your Maschinewith the usb cable but without the power supply attached. It should function just like an mk3 controller.

How to Use MASCHINE+ as a Controller

This article explains how to use the MASCHINE+ as a classic MASCHINE controller with a computer. This can be useful if you want to use your MASCHINE+ with the MASCHINE desktop software or with a DAW.

Switching to Controller Mode

1. Ensure that your MASCHINE+ is not connected to your computer.
    2. Power your MASCHINE+ on.
    3. Once it has initiated, connect your MASCHINE+ to your computer with a USB cable.
    4. Press the SETTINGS button on your controller.
    5. Go to the System tab.
    6. Press Button 4 (CONTROLLER).

Now when you start the Maschine 2 software on your computer, your MASCHINE+ will function as a classic MASCHINE controller.

Note: If you are not already using the Maschine+ in standalone mode, it is sufficient to connect it to the computer with a USB cable (without the power cable plugged in). If you want the display to be brighter or not drain the computer's battery (e.g. of a laptop), you can plug in the power cable afterwards

• walerandei
    walerandei Member Posts: 11 Member

D-one and Daniel Jay … thanks for your answers.

"Remove the power cable" is what I was searching for. I think it will do the Job!

Thanks again! Best regards!

• Psyearth5
    Psyearth5 Member Posts: 295 Member

Answered plus there is different choices to choose from. That's great, I use it in Standalone Mode and only several times I had to connect to the Computer to transfer few files so I didn't know for USB solution.

😃 👍 That's great.

Maybe I will try to go back to Computer for change.. who knows.