October 2024 – a community update from our Chief Product Officer

12345679»

Comments

• donmaddonald
    donmaddonald Member Posts: 129 Helper
    edited October 11

As I said in my post, I agree with the bug fixes and stability, and I don't have M+ so I don't know what is going on with that, and yes as I said in my comment I want that the product I bought is working and doing what was promised when I bought it (it is the part I am talking about stability an pizzas ahaha), so I totally agree with you about that, but I can't voice my opinion in something I don't know (M+), however I can tell you that all the stuff I use from them at the moment it is working as aspected, and that's what I wanted in the first place.

maybe in my comment I kind of got triggered by the "divide and rule" opening, that it seemed to me that you implied that they had a sort of agenda, while I think they are just trying to accomodate most of the users (which as we know, we are very different, from electronic producers and composers etc..), make us happy is for their best interest at the end of the day, if they are doing it right or wrong, changes according to the product you own or the way you use it.

for the features part, it didn't had nothing to do with your comment really, but there are people that are complaining about perfectly working stuff that aren't updated/upgraded (eg. battery), and that doesn't make any sense to me, I am a mashine mk3 user, and let's admit it, the software is way behind the tech around, but I can't complain about that, because when I bought it they weren't promising stem separation etc.. instead as a musician I find my own way or workflow to achieve what I need to do that's all. I was frustrated when update after update the software was keep crashing or braking randomly, and I complained about that, as it took months to have it working normally again, that to say I know the frustration of that.

in conclusion, I agree a 1000% if your M+ is not doing what it supposed to do, and they not fixing it, but we have to keep in mind that most likely they aren't f###king up on propose, or to make us angry. (again I am talking from the point of view of a user that has all his tools working and I kind of have "I use what I got" attitude generally speaking).

• MaikR
    MaikR Member Posts: 286 Pro
    edited October 11

I also don’t think the team is FU, and definitely not on purpose…!
    It’s NI as a company (it’s decision makers) who prioritize from a business perspective.

Divide and rule is often ’not intentional’, but a result (or side-effect) from a periodic and abstract communication style. From the March 2024 update by the CPO: “an increase in me […] engaging in our community forums recently, which is a trend that will continue”. If so, then (t)his participation is very selective.

And, this is the last in-depth response from me to this particular posting.

• LoveEnigma
    LoveEnigma Member Posts: 113 Advisor

Thank you so much for the updates. Great work by the team!

Looking forward to Battery 4 macOS Sequoia compatibility.

What about updates to Komplete Kontrol software, especially updated browser and drag and drop functionality as in Kontakt 8? I hope this is planned soon.

• Simon_NI
    Simon_NI Product Team Posts: 36 Product Team

@Skijumptoes

We don't currently have plans to implement direct NKS connection into other products (e.g. Massive X) so you'll need to use these in Komplete Kontrol for now.

We may consider this in future, but it's non-trivial. It was clearly valuable for Kontakt because Kontakt is very very widely used, and there are thousands of products which run inside it — so build that connection once and it works for all Kontakt instruments.

• metalface
    metalface Member Posts: 5 Member

Hello NI Team!

As one of those who was very pleased with the direction Traktor has recently taken, I was hoping there'd be some news regarding HID and Phase DJ soon? In June the Phase team said (via email) they were bringing new HID integrations and were 'currently talking with djay and Traktor teams…' - djay have already implemented this (although as I'm not a user of their software, I cannot offer any opinion on that integration), so I was wondering if the Traktor team were anywhere near a release?

Kind regards

• naturaldichotomy
    naturaldichotomy Member Posts: 9 Member

Thank you NI Team for upgrading Maschine Software 🙏

I am a long term user and do my tracks mainly in Maschine...the final mixing in Ableton. A long time ago I read the news, probably from a different team, they want to make Maschine to a full daw. I was excited…

It doesn't has to be a full daw, but please listen to the user in the future for useful features...so it constantly can evolve its potentials!

Are there any plans for a Maschine Mk4 in the future?

thanks again

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,322 Guru
    edited October 11

Any chance you can drop a bigger hint about how an "evolved Massive X" and a new "Battery Use-Case Product" may find their way the umbrella of Kontakt 8 via the new Komplete Toolkit?

Please?

This would super-charge the enthusiasm for buyers of Kontrol S3 keyboards!

• OhulahanBass
    OhulahanBass Member Posts: 172 Pro
    edited October 11

@Simon_NI

2) Super fair! M3 is an instant buy for me, I appreciate the separation. I’ll have to check the content before I buy, as a KU owner I am not lacking in content, but color me curious. Man I hope M3 has After Touch so I can get the most out of Massive in Maschine.

3) I’ve been up to test M+ beta on my Motu interface since April. I’d love to provide user feedback, and would love even more to no longer unplug synths from my interface to sample on M+ standalone.

Besides comparability, are there any other advantages to update kernel?

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,822 admin

Hi all, as mentioned earlier, we're now closing this thread for questions.

It's been great to see such active participation in this quarterly update just like in the past ones! We hope Simon gave you all clear insights into our synth development, Maschine plans, and more.

Stay tuned for the next Q&A with our product team - we'll announce the details soon. Have a great weekend everyone!

This discussion has been closed.