MASCHINE MK 1 won't turn on

IMG STUDIO
IMG STUDIO Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Just bought the MK1 but when I plug it in it just flashes and won't come on.

I downloaded the Control Editor but still won't turn on.

They guy who sold it to me still hasn't the the registration transfer yet :-(

I'm own a Mac mini intel OS 13.6.7

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,830 mod
    Answer ✓

Maschine MK1 is not supported on current Mac systems.

Answers

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 714 Pro

theres a driver for the mac you need to download….

but its likely not going to work, as i understand the driver only supported up to a certain macOS, catalina or something…. you will see it in the area of the downloads section found somewhere in this forum….

and given that you are running Ventura? it likely wont work…. Maschine mk1 will however work with a windows10 PC no trouble….

your choices are … find a windows10 PC or install the older MacOS that supports the driver(found in the download section)…. or get a Maschine Mk2 or Mk3, it sux i know… but dems your choices!

goodluck

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 714 Pro
    edited October 4

oh and by the way…. you will need to purchase the maschine software as well, thats if the Mk1 didnt come with the software… so just be aware of that!

if of course you are not interested in the Maschine software… then that will not be an issue

• The P.O.T.Y
    The P.O.T.Y Member Posts: 57 Member

My MK2 Mikro still works on my new Mac mini with M chip, came with Maschine 1.8. Only thing that erk'd me was MIDI input delay…guess pads or sensitivy input off. Note repaeat doesnt delay just finger drumimng. Did not install drivers or anything just tried it out…while cleaning. May need to run legacy NI Access and others (the grey version). Even the MK3 was out then and had to transition. I think its more of old "Service Center" connection than Control Editor, but if MIDI mode works and or you just get Branding screen when plugged up your kinda close, just need that splash screen. Good Luck

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,830 mod
    Answer ✓

Maschine MK1 is not supported on current Mac systems.