Does Kontakt 8 support loading the previous expansions now?

KeaneW
KeaneW Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hello there,

Kontakt 8's new features look solid to me, but I'm still not sure if it can easily load all the samples and loops from those previous expansions, which came with Komplete but had never given a chance to stand out. I really look forward to trying things out with the new Leap tool.

If it can, how do I import an expansion into Kontakt? If not, is this feature upcoming, or still only my personal fantasy?

Sad fact: In Access, most expansions have a Requirement for Kontakt, though they are not accepted by Kontakt…

Best Answer

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,628 mod
    edited October 3 Answer ✓

All expansions are available in the Kontakt 8 library and side pane browsers and samples can be dragged into Leap directly from the side pane

Answers

• Kymeia
    edited October 3 Answer ✓

All expansions are available in the Kontakt 8 library and side pane browsers and samples can be dragged into Leap directly from the side pane

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,622 mod

According to the web page Bumpin Flava is a Maschine expansion, not Kontakt? It says specifically it doesn't support Kontakt. Where did you get the screenshot as it's giving incorrect details?

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/expansions/bumpin-flava

• Kymeia
    edited October 3

Thing is the loops and one shots from Maschine expansions are all showing for me in the K8 browser, much as they do in the Komplete Kontrol browser. I don’t have ‘Bumpin Flava’ but see no reason why it would be any different

The only Expansions that won’t show are those for Massive and Massive X

• KeaneW

Most expansions in my lib show this. Thought I didn't make things correct and spent a lot time searching "how to import expansions into Kontakt 7" years ago.

• KeaneW

Thank you, and that would be nice! Does this require extra importing/loading, or they will automatically show up in Kontakt 8?

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,627 Expert
    edited October 3

@KeaneW you're right. I've just checked my Native Access and Maschine expansions do now show Requirement Kontakt - but that's incorrect.

We need to flag someone at NI @Jeremy_NI

Anything with that "pads" graphic is a Maschine expansion, although there are now some that don't use that graphic (just to confuse things).

BTW on the Bumpin' Flava product page:

Please note: Expansions can't be used in Kontakt

• Kymeia

The Maschine specific content doesn’t load in Kontakt obviously but the samples do and show in the K8 and KK browsers (although of limited use in KK until we get drag and drop back)

• Kymeia
    edited October 6

Apparently I do have Bumpin Flava - I just never noticed as I don't use these things

So as you can see it loads in Kontakt 8 (well the samples do)