Uninstall in Native access?

Kaiwan_NI
Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,825 admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Ask Kontakt 8 creators anything.

Comments

• Super8boy
    Super8boy Member Posts: 85 Helper

I am weary about installing the Kontakt 8 player alongside by existing Kontakt, as someone mentioned there is no simple way to uninstall. Why is that and can you chime in on this please? @Tim_NI

• MLARS
    MLARS Member Posts: 117 Advisor
    edited September 28

Native Access lacks a lot of features. It is taking way to long to see certain improvements. Would like to move my iZotope products and other products supported, preferably third party Kontakt libraries too + presets addons (looking at Output). And moving Kontakt libraries between drives is still wonky UX.

Would love to see a new roadmap post for Native Access and when we can expect certain features.

Remember it being mentioned that uninstalling products should be at least on the backlog.

And again new guidance should be released (manual + video + support page) with every new big Kontakt release with different cases for install/unistall/migrate when moving to the new version.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,825 admin

Hi @Super8boy @MLARS I moved your comments to a new thread since the AMA is about Kontakt 8, and your question was more about Native Access.

You can already uninstall Instruments & Expansions through Native Access starting with version 3.6.0. As noted in the release notes, we know there's still work to do to expand this feature to apps and plugins.

• MLARS
    MLARS Member Posts: 117 Advisor
    edited October 1

Is all NI software supported now for uninstall?

If not - is there a Uninstall supported software page on Support yet listing what software support uninstall and what software is worked on to support uninstall?

Also what is the ETA for a possible Move library to another drive function/feature (similar to Steam)?

• Tim_NI
    Tim_NI Product Team Posts: 51 mod

Uninstall of Kontakt 8 is the same as for any other NI application - there is nothing special about Kontakt 8 in this regard. Details are here: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/210291865-How-to-Uninstall-Native-Instruments-Software-from-a-Mac-Computer