A bug with the drum kit?!

Hi, using the drum kit in booth FX and only assigned to deck C I am getting these signal straight out the master of the mixer a Xone px5, sometimes it works well and goes in the channel and only when fader is up the sound comes up, but most of the times goes direct out the master?! ?!

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,644 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

i guess you use traktor in external mixing mode, and how is the exact setup, insert, send, post fader?

• Uwe303
    Answer ✓

No you don't need another X1 MK3, can you post a picture of your sound settings page in traktor preferences? I guess for deck c, if you use external mixing mode, you have to use the channel fader of deck c to control the volume. I will also later have a look into the manual of the px5 mixer, I guess the problem is there, if you use external mode.

Answers

• Rui nunes
    Rui nunes Member Posts: 13 Member

Gratefull for ideias how to fix this

• Uwe303
    Answer ✓

Hello,

i guess you use traktor in external mixing mode, and how is the exact setup, insert, send, post fader?

• Rui nunes

The set up is a X1 mk3 with the Xone px5 and windows, I'm guessing I need another X1 to work with deck C ?!! 🙏🏼

• Uwe303
    Answer ✓

No you don't need another X1 MK3, can you post a picture of your sound settings page in traktor preferences? I guess for deck c, if you use external mixing mode, you have to use the channel fader of deck c to control the volume. I will also later have a look into the manual of the px5 mixer, I guess the problem is there, if you use external mode.

• Rui nunes

Tried do direct decks A B and C to channels 1 2 and 3, rithym box works good on 3 with fader but deck A on channel 1 in mixer goes straight out to master without raising fader, and this happening with output in input of decks define in the preferences to same channels in mixer?!

Thanks for your help

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 2,423 mod

Insert or Post-Fader set for FX Unit/Pattern Player?

• Rui nunes

Where is that, preferences of Traktor?

• Sûlherokhh

In Traktor. You can go to Preferences→Effects, or just right-click on the number at the left side of the FX Unit.

• Sûlherokhh

Check mixer settings in Traktor and change the channels of your mixer for deck A to see where each pair is actually routed to.

• Uwe303
    edited September 7

I think it is an issue with the mixer, you can on every channel set the channel to x/off/y to the fader, so deck a to x, deck b to y and deck c (pattern player) to your liking or off and you control it then with the vertical channel fader. It's a matter of taste what mixer channel you use for a,b and c, let's say the outer two for a,b and one inner channel for deck c, or vice versa.

P S. Or does the mixer ignores the vertical channel fader if you don't send the channel to the x-fader? Also turn down all send knobs on the channels for now, cause you can have FX sends pre fader, so even if the fader of the channel is down, you can hear the signal through the FX chain.

• Rui nunes

Thanks, I have this mixer for two months, got it new and everything was working good with Traktor 3, now with Traktor 4 started this weird things, just in the afternoon was playing in a Sunset at a beach only using two channels 2 and 3, after 3 hours of playing on channel 3 with the vertical fader sound the sound was passing just by pre listening a next track, or after putting the fader down to take out the previous track it kept on playing in master until press stop button, so weird, something wrong with the mixer or the computer a Dell, really don't understand!!!

• Uwe303
    edited September 8

As you described it I would guess there is something wrong with the mixer, cause traktor just sends every track to the separate channels on the mixer, pre channel fader of course, as you can see on the block diagram in the manual of the px5. Have you tried to set the x-fader x/off/y switch all to off and just use the vertical channel faders, on all 4 channels! And as I said before turn all sends down or set it to pre fader on the right side in the FX section- just for research. I would guess there is something broken with the vca circuit or with one fader, cause they control the vca of the channels (control the volume)

• Rui nunes

The x fader has always been off, yes something really weird 🙃 thanks for all the help, community work indeed 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

Today going to experiment to put Traktor 3 again and see how it's working