Guitar Rig 6 preset import issue

RvA94
RvA94 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi all,

I have been using Guitar Rig 6 for years without any issues. I have about 200+ user presets, all neatly ordened by artist and song. It took me ages to rename all files. Now I have switched computers (Macbook to newer Macbook) and reinstalled GR6. I have copied the “Rack Presets” folder and dropped it at the same location on the new computer. When I do the preset scan, it only finds about half of the presets and it imports them with the origional file names (so I will have to manually sort them again). For example, I had about 20 presets named “Pink Floyd - [SONGNAME]” and they are all present in the folder, but I can only find 2 in the user preset list with a very different name. Even if I manually import one of the missing presets with the import button instead of the scan, it creates a new file in the “Rack Presets” folder but it doesn’t show up in the preset list in GR6.

What am I doing wrong here? I have tried multiple scans, deleting the “Database” folder, resetting the database in preferences, etc.

Thanks

Tagged:

Answers

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 2,078 Expert

Do not think you are doing anything wrong specifically - it is just that GR6 is now retired and more importantly - is not supported under Mac OS Sonoma (which I am assuming is part of your "new" Macbook?)

Have read about some folks being able to hack their way through with GR6 and get going but since GR6 was never tested with this latest OS - there is no telling what might be going wrong here.

FWIW - GR6 (v6.3.0) was last supported under Mac OS Ventura - if that is an option - you might be able to square this up.

VP

• RvA94
    RvA94 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I already had Sonoma on the older Mac aswell. I changed jobs so got a slightly newer one, but OS is the same as before. Everything seems to work fine, presets that are there sound great, it is just the import issue (which seems weird to me to be OS related because the other half will import fine). And I don't know if GR7 will fix the issue so I'm a bit hesitant to spent another €100 for the upgrade…

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 2,078 Expert

Good to know that you had Somoma going previously - that rules that bit out.

I am afraid that is about as far as I can take this one. Good luck with the troubleshooting.

VP