What new sound card replaces the Traktor Audio 8?

Curnelius
Curnelius Member Posts: 9 Newcomer

I have Traktor 6 and I'm looking for a 4 channels sound card. Any recommendation?

Best Answer

• maniacintosh81
    maniacintosh81 Member Posts: 563 Guru
    Answer ✓

I would be much more disturbed by changing the audio interface depending if I want to use DVS or not. That way you have two different setups. In your case I wouldn't get the mixer with audio interface just as audio interface or second mixer, I would replace the DJM-600 completely, as you can use the interface in the mixer without DVS too. But that is your choice.

If you are looking for an audio interface, keep in mind that usually the manufacturers talk about mono channels. Therefore you will need an interface with 8 output channels to output 4 decks (= 4 stereo channels = 8 mono channels).

Just looked up some interfaces featuring at least 8 output channels. As you just stated you don't need inputs as you want to use your TA6 for DVS not all of them feature inputs or if not enough for 4 decks. Don't have experience with this models myself:

ESI GIGAPORT eX - 8 outputs, 0 inputs

Tascam Series 208i - 8 outputs, 20 inputs (4 on device, 16 via digital MUX)

Tascam US-16x08 - 8 outputs, 16 inputs

Roland UA-1010 Octa-Capture - 8 outputs (+ 1 stereo digital), 8 inputs (+ 1 stereo digital)

Presonus Studio 1824c - 8 outputs, 8 inputs

If you need 8 output channels with some quality you are usually in the world of recording interfaces. Often they feature more inputs than outputs and use XLR and TS or TRS as connectors and not the usual RCA connectors. Any audio interface compatibly with your operating system should work with Traktor Pro 3 and newer.

Answers

• maniacintosh81

If you use DVS with turntables there is no real alternative available new anymore. You may get a used Traktor Audio 10.

All current DVS interfaces feature three decks at best. Other audio interfaces will work with Traktor and many models can support four decks (in and out) but lack phono preamps. Therefore you need turntables with integrated preamps or external dedicated preamps if you want to use control vinyl.

An alternative can be a mixer with integrated audio interface. They usually come with enough input and output channels to handle four decks if they have at least four channels. If you don‘t use control vinyls any audio interface with 8 mono output channels (and maybe same amount of inputs) will do.

• Curnelius

As you rightly say, the clearest option I had seen was to buy the Traktor Audio 10 second-hand.

I was really surprised when I found out that this interface is now outdated. I decided against the option of a mixer with integrated audio because I don’t want to have two setups at home when I already have the DJM-600, which works perfectly. It feels redundant and a waste just to have that option.

With your alternative of an interface without DVA, it has opened up the possibility of having two sound cards. When I want to use control vinyls DVA, I can use the Audio 6, and when I don’t, I can use the other audio interface to use the DJM as a mixer with Traktor 4.

Im out of this products. I will appreciate any recommendation for a usb audio interface 4 channels and doesn't have problems with Traktor.

• maniacintosh81
    Answer ✓

I would be much more disturbed by changing the audio interface depending if I want to use DVS or not. That way you have two different setups. In your case I wouldn't get the mixer with audio interface just as audio interface or second mixer, I would replace the DJM-600 completely, as you can use the interface in the mixer without DVS too. But that is your choice.

If you are looking for an audio interface, keep in mind that usually the manufacturers talk about mono channels. Therefore you will need an interface with 8 output channels to output 4 decks (= 4 stereo channels = 8 mono channels).

Just looked up some interfaces featuring at least 8 output channels. As you just stated you don't need inputs as you want to use your TA6 for DVS not all of them feature inputs or if not enough for 4 decks. Don't have experience with this models myself:

ESI GIGAPORT eX - 8 outputs, 0 inputs

Tascam Series 208i - 8 outputs, 20 inputs (4 on device, 16 via digital MUX)

Tascam US-16x08 - 8 outputs, 16 inputs

Roland UA-1010 Octa-Capture - 8 outputs (+ 1 stereo digital), 8 inputs (+ 1 stereo digital)

Presonus Studio 1824c - 8 outputs, 8 inputs

If you need 8 output channels with some quality you are usually in the world of recording interfaces. Often they feature more inputs than outputs and use XLR and TS or TRS as connectors and not the usual RCA connectors. Any audio interface compatibly with your operating system should work with Traktor Pro 3 and newer.

• innerdrum
    innerdrum Member Posts: 75 Member

What about Behringer U-PHORIA series? —> Behringer | Series | U-Phoria Series

I use the UMC404HD with traktor.

• maniacintosh81

Has only 4 outputs (=2 stereo channels = 2 decks). But as @Curnelius wants to replace an Audio 8 DJ (and already has an Traktor Audio 6) that Behringer model hasn't enough outputs.

• innerdrum
    innerdrum Member Posts: 75 Member

oops, sorry. My bad OP

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 3,009 Expert

Well, two more may be needed for headphones. At least for certain manufacturers.

• Curnelius

Really appreciate yours commnet and also giving to me an alternatives. Now i can take a decision.

Best regards

• Patch
    Patch Member Posts: 301 Pro
This discussion has been closed.