HELP ! ! ! S4MK3 hotcue button 1 not working

ACV
ACV Member Posts: 10 Member

After updating to the latest Traktor, my S4 MK3 Hotcue button 1 not longer let's me set any cue point. It just greyed out.

This might be a dummy question and a settings reset in the Software. I can still use the software to set the cue point and active anything that is set. Just can't create new one on the S4MK# controller

Best Answer

Answers

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 2,423 mod

Can you still use it to mute a stem channel or trigger a sample in slot 1?

• ACV

@Sûlherokhh I can still trigger a sample in slot 1. I just can't set hot cue if it's empty

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 3,195 Expert

Are you sure hotcue 1 is empty and not used by the default gridmarker thingy.

What if you press shift + hotcue 1, then hotcue 1?

• Sûlherokhh

This.

What happens if the track is playing and you press the button? Does it jump to a place? In that case it is probably a gridmarker, which you can only delete if the track is not grid-locked.

• ACV

Alright. I remember now. There use to be the option "Store Beatmarker as Hotcue".

However, it doesn't seem to exist for Traktor Pro 4 for me to disable so I can use the first hotcue

• lord-carlos

I think the name changed slightly, or is now a drop down. But it should still be there.

• Sûlherokhh
    Answer ✓

Instead of 'store beatmarker as hotcue' there now is the option of automatically adding a hotcue to the position of the gridmarker. It's white but it is a hotcue, not a gridmarker, which is pretty confusing i think.

• ACV

So I'm not the only one who are affected?

I really want control over my hot cue. Should we escalate with NI to bring back the option of not have the grid marker taking up one slot?

• lord-carlos
  • ACV

No. I tried that. Yes it will set a white hotcue/gridmarker. I can delete that on my S4MK3 hotcue button, but I can't use the same hotcue button on S4MK3 to set hotcue.

I can only do so with via the laptop.

Do you have SK4MK3 on Traktor Pro 4? Are you not having the same problem?

• Sûlherokhh

I totally don't have that problem. It is a matter of getting used to the new settings. You will not get the old TP3 behaviour on TP4. Try which of the new settings fits your style. I use the setting where it sets grid and gridmarker after analysis, but no beatmarker/hotcue and when i test the track the first time i set a hotcue manually just where i want it, subsequently making it into a load marker manually as well.

It's nothing to do with your s4. If you can use pad 1 for thing like triggering a sample or muting a slot, the HW is working.

• ACV

That is annoying. NI should have kept the option to allow the use of Hotcue 1 on S4MK3 to set cue point without users needing to use the laptop to do so. I see that is a poor design/functional decision if this is not a bug.

Anyway we can provide this feedback to the product team?

And please anyone reading this post and share my frustration please vote up to get their attention?

• Sûlherokhh

You can. Just set the option to Only Grid Marker and then set your hotcue manually. I do it like this always, since the beatgrid will not always be right after analysis anyway.

• ACV

[[[ UPDATE & RESOLUTION ]]]

Thanks to everyone responded here trying to help. As I'm using Joe Easton mod on my S4MK3 and with Traktor Pro 4 changes to the Gridmarker. The explanation and solution to resolve this has been mentioned in his Patreon email.

"Seeing as traktor has changed the way gridmarkers work on this new version. Setting a gridmarker is now not possible using the same app path as before. I will be looking into this today and am trying to get in contact with someone at NI to clarify more on this change.

Because of this, the hotcue 1 pad can not currently set a gridmarker when there is no hotcue 1 set. To remedy this issue for now, set the hotcue1SetsGridmarker setting to false, doing this will allow the hotcue 1 pad to set hotcues again. Also, due to this issue gridmarkers can not currently be set in the grid mode either. Gridmarker move and delete still work as intended."