S88mkII, Komplete Kontrol, Native Access. How to use and how to use with Ableton?

Arterium
Arterium Member Posts: 12 Member

I'm not even getting any activity with the browser button on my S88 MKII?

At the point of wanting to sell as I find the connection challenging.

Please help.

Thank you.

Arty

Best Answers

Answers

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 1,856 Expert
    Answer ✓

What exactly have you done so far - in term of the software installed?

You will need Komplete Kontrol for sure. And since you have a MKII - I would make a gentle suggestion to consider using the prior version of KK - v2.9.6 found here:

Komplete Kontrol Legacy Installers for Older Operating Systems – Native Instruments (native-instruments.com)

KK v3 has been dodgy as of late. There were a number of issue with the latest version of KKv3 - where MKII boards were not responding to the KK install.

KK v2.9.6 will get you working for sure.

VP

• BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 911 Guru
    Answer ✓

@Arterium

May I suggest that you tell us what kind of system you have, Mac or Windows? What version? And as @Vocalpoint says above, what have you done thus far? If Native Instruments is to believed (and they are), then thousands of people have already successfully made their connections. That means that your chances of success are pretty high.

Please tell us about your system and also what DAWs or hosts you use. You CAN use Komplete Kontrol in standalone mode (outside of a DAW), so that's why I asked.

• Arterium

thank you guys. Much appreciated.

On Native access I am up to date with thr latest software.
    I’m running a Mac Studio Sonoma14.7

I use ableton and Luna. The keyboard has worked previously but I don't know why i'm not having any success lately.

• Arterium

Just downloading 2.9.6 now…

• Arterium
    edited August 11

doesn't seem to work in standalone mode as yet.

• Arterium
    edited August 11

Seems to have worked for Ableton and Luna. Thank you kindly fellas.

• Arterium

Hey Again, Komplete Kontrol works but not getting the S88 to work as a midi keyboard for Ableton for non Komplete Kontrol creation. I assume it's something in settings:

• BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 911 Guru

Okay, I think part of your problem is that you have highlighted the "port 2" and "port 3" options.

Remember, those are to control the "legacy MIDI" connectors on the back of your KK keyboard device, which use the "legacy 5-pin DIN MIDI cables". If those are not in use, then you should probably not have them selected in ANY of your preferences…and not in any DAW.

And I would go one step further and make sure that you don't have any MIDI cables plugged into those legacy 5-pin ports. No, not even if the other end of the cables are just laying on the floor.

Here are my selections:

INPUT PORTS:

Kontrol S61 MK3 [track is selected] ←note, the entries for port2/port3 are unchecked.

OUTPUT PORTS:

Kontrol S61 MK3 [track is selected] ←again, the ones referring to port2 and port3 are UNCHECKED.

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 843 Guru

This is what mine looks like. The first item is my S88MK3 the second item is my S49MK2. All is working fine.

• Arterium

Thank you guys. Will try this. Much appreciated.