Key lock makes traktor 4 almost clipping cpu

Dino Jukic
Dino Jukic Member Posts: 7 Member

Idk why but it did not happened on traktor pro 2 or pro 3. When key lock is turned on and i try to scratch on my timecode vinyl cpu meter goes wild even shows a little bit of clipping but luckily does not distort or deforms sound, and after releasing vinyl to go into mix, cpu meter goes about half way and stays on that level until i put my needle on the start position and start scratching again (then again cpu meter goes wild). It seems a little odd to me cause i did not have that problem before. When i turn off key lock cpu does not even touches half of cpu meter no matter if i scratch or when two songs go together in mix.

Does anyone else experience this? Any suggestions/solutions to fix it without turning off keylock option? Or we maybe need another update from NI for TP4 to solve this?

By PC specifications its more than enough powerful to work smoothly.

Thank You in forward!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Martiniix_NI
    Martiniix_NI Customer Care Posts: 299 mod
    Answer ✓

Heyo!

I have opened a ticket for you with our support team, we will contact you asap.

Answers

• Heisenberg
    Heisenberg Member Posts: 311 Pro

Just for the sake of completeness, what hardware and operating system is used?

• Dino Jukic

Windows 10 latest pack ,amd ryzen 5 4000 series, 32g ram..

Traktor audio 6,NI X1 Mk2, external mixer 850 and 2x technics 1210 mk2 with timecode vinyl.

• AudiFreq
    AudiFreq Member Posts: 36 Helper

$2 says it's a battery/performance mode issue, make sure to set it to high performance when spinning both in power options and the battery slider, and a lot of amd platforms have wifi cards that dont play nice with Traktor, try disabling wifi when spinning

• Isotoxin
    Isotoxin Member Posts: 204 Advisor
    edited August 9

AMD Ryzen 5 4000 series? What exactly CPU? Because this is a very broad range of CPU's from 2020. From the cheapest 4300GE to the more powerful 4700G. And I'm only talking about mobile series CPU's. At a first glance from the problem description looks like it is a CPU problem.

• Dino Jukic

Sorry for late reply. Its AMD Ryzen 5 4600H. But it's odd to me that TP3 worked wit much less of cpu with everything set up identically like TP4.

• Heisenberg
    Heisenberg Member Posts: 311 Pro

Then a moderator should take a look at it and if necessary provide information as to whether tp4 needs more CPU or whether a ticket needs to be opened.

• Isotoxin
    Isotoxin Member Posts: 204 Advisor

Yes, it's a moderate CPU. Maybe it's a bug and it should be fixed (like a memory leak on MAC versions with stem generation). You can try to open ticket.

• Dino Jukic

Guys thank you for your help but please can you explain me where should I open ticket ? I have never done it before 😅

• Martiniix_NI
    Martiniix_NI Customer Care Posts: 299 mod
    Answer ✓

Heyo!

I have opened a ticket for you with our support team, we will contact you asap.

This discussion has been closed.