Traktor Pro 4 Boot crash

Startiel
Startiel Member Posts: 55 Helper
edited October 22 in Traktor Software & Hardware

Hi everyone, I'm about to do a show and I've just witnessed a crash as soon as I booted Traktor pro 4.

I opened up traktor, the splash screen popped up and then the program closed.

A Windows reboot resolved the issue. Please let me know.

Comments

• macsoft
    macsoft Member Posts: 60 Member

I wouldn't trust windows or a recent version of traktor for a live performance NEVER.

Use a Mac, with a tested OS (not the latest).

Use traktor on the last 3 version.

Do NOT be the bug tester for OSs and DJ softwares.

In a live performance you must be sure you've got fully tested software and OS. the latest versions never are.

Also, trusting a windows machine for a live performance.. is a big no no.

• Startiel
    Startiel Member Posts: 55 Helper

I get your point, getting a MacBook is one of my priorities rn. But in 3 years of using the latest version of Traktor Pro and Windows, it's been stable for me.

Before doing a live set I always make sure that everything works and doesn't crash.

And by the way I know Windows is just bad, but this is the first time that happened to me and (fortunately) a reboot fixed the issue.

• macsoft
    macsoft Member Posts: 60 Member

3 years in nothing. This is basic statitics between ALL traktor users. Your personal experience in 3 years is statistically irrelevant. and the proof is IT DID HAPPEN to you. You can get a decent mac for 500$ that meets all traktors needs.

"reboot fixed the issue" is never a solution when it happens to you live.

Follow those simple rules i've posted and you'll never have a problem.

ALSO VERY IMPORTANT: get s machine just for TRAKTOR. dont install or run nothing else on it.

A dedicated MAC traktor laptop is cheaper than a controller and its the most important piece of equipment you own.

This discussion has been closed.