Komplete Kontrol M32 + Electric Vintage

Peloncho
Peloncho Member Posts: 6 Member

Hi. Someone checks how does M32 work with Electric Vintage or similar Session gitarist?

I mean, M32 has only 2+1/2 octaves. And the keys for using Electric Vintage need almost one octave to te keys for simulate "human playing".

Yes, I know M32 has the octave+ and octave- button. But, is possible to use M32 + Electric Vintage properly?

Didn't find any video on YT...

Thanks.

Best Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

For live/real time playing/recording the limited range of the M32 will not work effectively. You would need a KB with a larger octave range.

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro
    Answer ✓

I actually use my old Akai Mini or my Roli Lumi (or any other cheapo mini keys) for those lower octave keyswitches at the same time as using my M32 for the main octaves. Works great and has the added advantage of being very flexible where I position them. (M32 on my lap and Akai mini alongside my left hip.)

Just making lemonade out of lemons...

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

For live/real time playing/recording the limited range of the M32 will not work effectively. You would need a KB with a larger octave range.

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro
    Answer ✓

I actually use my old Akai Mini or my Roli Lumi (or any other cheapo mini keys) for those lower octave keyswitches at the same time as using my M32 for the main octaves. Works great and has the added advantage of being very flexible where I position them. (M32 on my lap and Akai mini alongside my left hip.)

Just making lemonade out of lemons...

• Peloncho
    Peloncho Member Posts: 6 Member

Hi friends. I found another option. I installed a virtual MIDI keyboard (Virtual MIDI Piano Keyboard) plus a MIDI router (loopMIDI).

I set the loopMIDI port as output of Virtual MIDI Piano Keyboard. Plus loopMIDI port as input of Maschine. Thus, I can play with my computer keyboard and M32 at the same time. Computer keyboard for articulations and M32 keyboard for the notes.